12-15-2013 02:01 PM
My HP Officeject Pro 8100 will not produce a page in color. It does fine in black and white and will print color via a printer diagnostic test. I have a Mac Book Pro and running Mavericks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
12-18-2013 08:28 AM
I understand that you are not able to print in any color on your OfficeJet Pro 8100. You are only able to get color when doing a diagnostic report from the front panel of the 8100. After some research I have noticed you are not alone, there have been other Mavericks users with the same problem.
I found an interesting thread about the Gutenprint Driver- is a collection of free software printer drivers for us with UNIX spooling systems, such as CUPS, Ipr and LPRng. These drivers provide printing services for UNIX systems (including GNU/Linux), Mac OS X, RISC OS, Haiku and Microsoft Windows.
I hope this is helpful, please let me know the outcome.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software