12-15-2013 02:01 PM
My HP Officeject Pro 8100 will not produce a page in color. It does fine in black and white and will print color via a printer diagnostic test. I have a Mac Book Pro and running Mavericks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
12-18-2013 08:28 AM
I understand that you are not able to print in any color on your OfficeJet Pro 8100. You are only able to get color when doing a diagnostic report from the front panel of the 8100. After some research I have noticed you are not alone, there have been other Mavericks users with the same problem.
I found an interesting thread about the Gutenprint Driver- is a collection of free software printer drivers for us with UNIX spooling systems, such as CUPS, Ipr and LPRng. These drivers provide printing services for UNIX systems (including GNU/Linux), Mac OS X, RISC OS, Haiku and Microsoft Windows.
I hope this is helpful, please let me know the outcome.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software