Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (498 Views)

cannot print color on OfficeJet Pro 8100

My HP Officeject Pro 8100 will not produce a page in color. It does fine in black and white and will print color via a printer diagnostic test. I have a Mac Book Pro and running Mavericks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (472 Views)

Re: cannot print color on OfficeJet Pro 8100

Hi jbuchanan7,

I understand that you are not able to print in any color on your OfficeJet Pro 8100. You are only able to get color when doing a diagnostic report from the front panel of the 8100.  After some research I have noticed you are not alone, there have been other Mavericks users with the same problem.

I found an interesting thread about the Gutenprint Driver- is a collection of  free software printer drivers for us with UNIX spooling systems, such as CUPS, Ipr and LPRng. These drivers provide printing services for UNIX systems (including GNU/Linux), Mac OS X, RISC OS, Haiku and Microsoft Windows.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know the outcome.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation