Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Trying to scan. Had to change password in gmail. Need to change in device manager. 

How can I do it without going through complete set up process.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

My problem was I didn't know where to go in optiions to find 'delete password'. Figured it out. Forgot about  using ip address to get to that point.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Huh?

What printer?  How is it connected?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended
Figured it out myself. Hp8500 909a. Went to utility tool on printer. Deleted my gmal info for scan to email. Reinstalled with new gmail password.
HP Recommended

Gmail was hacked so had to creat new password. Need to change on HP Officejet pro 8500.

Tried going to tools but couldn't find anything about e-mail. It should be easy but not. Tried to use set up again and it tells me name already used and to pick another. 

HP Recommended

Delete your gmail email address on the printer and re-add it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

My problem was I didn't know where to go in optiions to find 'delete password'. Figured it out. Forgot about  using ip address to get to that point.

HP Recommended

How do I change my password on my HP 8500A all in one printer? I had to change my e-mail password and now I can't scan and e-mail because the printer doesen't recognize my passowrd, so I need to change the password on the printer to match my new password on my e-mail account.

Please help

HP Recommended

I cannot remember my password to allow my HP Photosmart D110 series to connect to wireless.  How can I create a new password?

@buddyk1234 wrote:

How do I change my password on my HP 8500A all in one printer? I had to change my e-mail password and now I can't scan and e-mail because the printer doesen't recognize my passowrd, so I need to change the password on the printer to match my new password on my e-mail account.

Please help

HP Recommended

I had to change email password, I figured out how on my pad and phone, but now I can't print from I pad,  I guess I need to change on printer also...?? Where do I go to do that? I have an hp envy 4500

HP Recommended

@PrintDoc wrote:

Huh?

What printer?  How is it connected?

HP 8500A plus

to internet.  I used to scan to my email on my home pc.  I changed the password on my email on my laptop to access personal email account.

now I get the user name or password is incorrect message on my HP printer.  I don't know home to change the email password on my printer

please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.