Honor Student
mqA
Message 1 of 4 (609 Views)

color calibration

HP Envy 100 D410 CN517A

OS X

No error messages

No system changes

Issue:  Printer is brand new.  Works great!  The color rendering, however, is not even close to true in relation to monitor.  Yes, I understand it will never be spot on, but orange looks brown or green.  All colors are very muted.  How can I manipulate or calibrate the output?

Thanks for your help!

HP
stix4
Message 2 of 4 (555 Views)

Re: color calibration

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, I've included a link below that should assist with the color calibration issues and how to manipulate the settings.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01662356&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4073738&tmp...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

mqA Honor Student
Honor Student
mqA
Message 3 of 4 (549 Views)

Good morning and thank you so much for the help.  I am amazed at how many little features I simply did not see!  So, I explored and printed using the tutotial.  I tried Color Matching: both ColorSync and Vendor Matching; Color Options: both Colorsmart/sRGB and Adobe RGB; High Quality, Best...  The color is still wonky.  Do you think there is a chance the color cartridge-which is almost full-is simply old or tainted? 

My Mac is 10.6.  I am not given the option to tweak the individual colors. 

Thanks again for your help.  I very much appreciate it.

M

HP
stix4
Message 4 of 4 (548 Views)

Hello again,

Thanks for the kind words, glad to help. Possible on the cartridge question, but also look at the Paper Type.  This will make a big difference in how the printer interpets how much ink to lay down and will affect quality.  You also have options to calibrate color on your monitor, so keep that in mind as well, usually one of the front panel buttons on the monitor will allow access to the color settings, you can manipulate in there as well.  Good Luck!

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation