HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
11-30-2012 10:37 AM
I am able to scan B/W documents to my computer (MAC OS 10.6) from my hp officejet 6500A no problem.
I amnot able to scan in colors.
Most importantly I am trying to scan pictures (in color) to my computer.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-30-2012 10:49 AM
The default scan workflow configured to scan documents as Black and White. Make sure to change the scan settings to scan documents with color:
Now change the settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the Scan Tasks tab.
4. Select the affected shortcut and click on Edit... (or just double-click the shortcut).
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle or the Show Details button to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Mode
7. Now select the Color option and then click on OK to save the changes. The next scanned document using this workflow will appear in color.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution