Question

Honor Student
nmontiel3
Message 1 of 7 (4,614 Views)

how do i install an HP Deskjet 3051A to scan to my computer?

I have already set up my HP Deskjet 3051A and have printed from it, but when I go to click scan, it doesn't allow me to because it says "Computer Not found. Ensure the HP software has been installed on the computer".  

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (4,612 Views)

Re: how do i install an HP Deskjet 3051A to scan to my computer?

Hi,

From its manual:

1. Select the computer that you want to scan to from the printer display.
If you do not see your computer listed on the printer display make sure that your computer is connected to the printer either wirelessly or through a USB cable. If you have a wireless connection and you have confirmed that the connection is working, you will need to enable wireless scanning in the software.
a. Click the HP All-in-One desktop icon to open the Printer Software.
b. Click the Scanner Actions icon.
c. Click Manage Scan to Computer.
NOTE: You can choose to keep the Scan to Computer option always active. If this feature is always active, you will be able to select the Scan option from the printer display to scan to your wirelessly connected computers that are in use. If this feature is not always active, then you will need to first activate the Scan to Computer option in the Printer Software before you scan. This only affects the Scan button on the printer control panel. Whether Scan to Computer is active or not, you will always be able to make a scan from your computer
2. Locate the scanned image on your computer. After the scan is saved, a Windows Explorer window will open in the directory where the scan was saved.
NOTE: There is a limited number of computers that can have the scan function activated at the same time. Press the Scan button on the printer and you will see the computers that are currently available for scanning.

Looks like you have not installed HP software on your computer. Software should be on the CD which came with the printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
nmontiel3
Message 3 of 7 (4,606 Views)

I did read those instructions and I got it to scan from computer, but when I go to look for "scanner actions" I cannot find it.  Any help there? 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 7 (4,585 Views)

Hello,

Did you installed the Full Feature Software by selecting the HP Recommended Software?

What is your Mac OS X version?

Can you see the Hewlett-Packard folder under the Applications folder, is there any HP Scan Application within this folder?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
brancolimosine
Message 5 of 7 (2,143 Views)

can you send me the link

Student
BUICK53
Message 6 of 7 (1,447 Views)

IT TELLS ME THAT THE COMPUTER IS NOT FOUND........... NEED TO KNOW HOW PRINTER FINDS COMPUTER.....BUICK53

Student
MotherD
Message 7 of 7 (747 Views)

I have already set up my HP Deskjet 3051A and have printed from it, but when I go to click scan, it doesn't allow me to because it says "Computer Not found. Ensure the HP software has been installed on the computer".  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation