how do i print from internet in black ink only with my mac osx 10.5 using hp 6510 all in one (2378 Views)
Honor Student
RAZELSNORT
Message 1 of 6 (2,378 Views)
Accepted Solution

how do i print from internet in black ink only with my mac osx 10.5 using hp 6510 all in one

i can not get my IMAC OS X 10.5 to print only black ink from the internet, using my new HP 6510 all in one printer.  HELP

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (2,372 Views)

Re: how do i print from internet in black ink only with my mac osx 10.5 using hp 6510 all in one

Hi,

From the print dialog, click the Presets drop-down menu and select Plain Paper, Fast Draft, black and white.

If you cannot locate the Presets menu, please clarify which browser you are using.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
RAZELSNORT
Message 3 of 6 (2,365 Views)

Re: how do i print from internet in black ink only with my mac osx 10.5 using hp 6510 all in one

Shiomi I'm using Safari Browser, and presets only show standard and last used. Thanks Razelsnort

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 6 (2,360 Views)

Thankg for clarifting Razelsnort.

Please follow the steps below to configure Black Ink printing.

1. From Safari, click the File menu and select Print.The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model to see all available settings.

2. To access the color options, click the Safari drop-down menu.

3. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.

4. Click the triangle next to Color Options to expend the settings.

5. Set the Color field as Grayscale.

6. Set the Grayscale Mode as Black Ink Cartridge Only.

Finally, expend the Presets menu and then click Save Current Settings as Preset... to save the settings as a preset for future use.

Regards,

Shlomi

If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
RAZELSNORT
Message 5 of 6 (2,344 Views)

Shiomil thats the ticket you got it to do what i wanted thanks for all of you help.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 6 of 6 (2,338 Views)

With pleasure!

Great to know it worked for you :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation