Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did your suggestions....  When I go to HP Utility, my computer and my printer are communicating wirelessly.  Hooray.    When I click on Scan Settings at the bottom and choose the  Scan to Computer icon within HP Utility, I initially have communication between the two devices.    Yet, when I click the box to "Enable Scan to Computer" I get a communication error - unable to communicate with device.   ??  I would love to be able to scan this way, but just can't seem to get it to work.  What other suggestions do you have?

Thanks!

I have a mac computer with 10.8 Mountain Lion

HP Recommended

I suggest that you download the free update OS X Maverick 10.9.2.

HP Recommended

How do I scan photos on my HP Officejet Pro 8600?

Do I need to download a program for my Mac? If so, what do I need? Where can I can find it and download it?

Please advise?

Thanks,

John

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find the answer?

Jackie

HP Recommended

Hi there Jackie, I hope you are wellSmiley Happy

I saw your post about the issue you are having with scanning with your Officejet 8600 and 10.6. I wanted to reach out and share some information and the full feature driver for you to install to help with this.

How to Scan: Mac OS X v10.6

HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8

Have a great weekendSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@macd1995 wrote:

I tried this  but I get that the software is not available from the Software Update Server.  Help is appreciated, and I need to figure out how to add the printer back and get the scan functioanality to be consistent.

Thanks,
Dale

HP Recommended

@eaadams suggestion worked for me. 

1 - Deleted Printer from OS X System Preferences > Printing & Scanning.

2 - Added Printer using Bonjour with the HP Officejet 8600 software.

3 - Opened HP Utility 5.23.4 and the Scan to My Computer option was there.

This was on the latest OS X 10.10 Yosemite using HP Utility 5.23.4.

Thank you very much!

Good luck!

-Shawn

HP Recommended

Thanks!  I uninstalled/reinstall HP printer software that came with my printer.  Went to apple, software update and updated HP software.  Then, I shut down computer and printer and I know have scan to computer.  I have Mac OS 10.9.5

HP Recommended

I am not on a local network, and simply want to scan a doc into a file so I can email it. What am i missing?

slowry

HP Recommended

When I try to simply scan a doc to a file, i get: cannot because this function is diabled. See whoever set up your printer.

I set up my printer and have no idea how to un-disable this simple funtion. All I want to do is email the document from a file.

Thanks- slowry

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.