Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet pro 8610
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

how can I turn off two sided printing?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,
Follow these steps to disable two sided printing:

Open the file you would like to print. From the File menu select Print. The Print window appears.

NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Click the Show Details button to see all available settings.

Click the settings drop down, it will usually appear as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

Set the Two-Sided option as Off.

You may save the settings as a preset by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...

By doing so and completing the print job these settings will remain default till another preset will be used in the future.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

"Saving Current Settings as Preset" on Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 does NOT SAVE changes to preset?

HP Recommended

I sure can't get it to save that way. It is definitely frustrating. Every time I forget to insist on one page printing I get double sided again. I can't figure out how this switched over.:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Hello. Did you ever get this resolved? I have one as well.  I hate it.

HP Recommended

Hi @,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to turn off the two-sided printing feature on your HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer.

You need to deselect the check box next to the Two-Sided option in the Print window.

And here's the step by step guide for you listed below:

1. On your Mac, open the photo or document you want to print.

2. Click File, and then click Print.

3. Make sure your printer is selected.

4. If you do not see options on the Print dialog box, click Show Details.

5. Select the box Copies and Pages, the drop down menu offers several selections including Layout.

6. Select or deselect Two-Sided.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have a chromebook not a mac (whatever that is??) .When i print some things from the internet it goes straight to the printer-so i dont get the option.  Also i dont appreciate the extra step i have to do for EACH item i want to print. Let me state--I want to turn that "FEATURE" off the PRINTER itself.  IF i cannot do that, over the balcony it goes. I will never buy an hp product again. Let me know if it can be turned off the -PRINTER. 

Really stupid set up. 

HP Recommended

I have a chromebook not a mac (whatever that is??). When I print some things from the internet it goes straight to the printer-so i dont get the option.  Also I dont appreciate the extra step I have to do for EACH item i want to print. Let me state--I want to turn that "FEATURE" off the PRINTER itself.  IF i cannot do that, over the balcony it goes. I will never buy an hp product again. Let me know if it can be turned off the -PRINTER.  REPEAT- PRINTER!

Really stupid set up. 

HP Recommended

Hi @che23,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are using Chromebook.

In Chromebook, you will get this option when you click on "More settings". There, you need to uncheck the option "Two-sided".

You may check the link to see this option: Set up your printer

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have discovered that the stardard printer setup does not appear when using Word for Mac so it is not possible to turn off 2 sided printing.

Instead,

Select print, then click on the PDF box and select open in PDF preview.

Select file, then print.

Uncheck the 2 sided print box.

Select print

Walla, single sided printing.

Fix it please HP.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.