HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-29-2012 10:12 PM
I just bought a brand new hp office jet 7000 to be used on a mac running OSX Lion 10.7.3 . But print jobs stuck in print queue. error message. Thanks
04-30-2012 01:17 PM
I request you to perform the below step on the prnter
Disconnect both cables from printer, and hold the power button for 60 seconds and then release the power button while both cables are unplug, it will clear the static electricity of printer
Then open Print and Scan window in Mac
Click on Apple icon -- System Preference -- Print and Scan
You will see HP Photosmart 7000 series printer listed in the left side pane
Press and hold the Control key from keyboard, while holding the control key , click on the printer entry listed in the left side pane -- select Reset Printing system.
Then connect both cables and perfrom the below step on the printer control panel
- Load unused, plain white letter, U.S. letter or A4 size paper in the tray.
- Press and hold down the Cancel button ( ) until the HP product starts printing a self-test page, and then release the button
Check the Ink level of cartridges
If you did not install printer software in Mac 10.7
Then please click on the below web link and then click on Download --
save the file first and then click on HP Installer or Open
Select I Agree from License Agreement
Select Printer listed as USB
Select HP Recommende Software
Follow on screen instruction
NOTE: Make sure that printer power cord is connected directly to wall outlet
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution : )
05-07-2012 09:12 PM
Hello Justin, this didn't work
I am attaching a screen shot of the error message. Is there anyting I can do? I am fed up with this setup, it is supposed to be easy, plug & play
05-08-2012 10:19 AM
I would go ahead and remove the print job from the queue. Here is how to do that:
- Click the Apple menu icon ( ), and then click System Preferences on the drop-down menu.
- Click Print & Fax in Mac OS X 10.6 or Print & Scan in OS X 10.7 to open the Printers list.
- Click your HP product in the Printers list, and then click Open Print Queue . The print queue opens.
- In the print queue, click a print job, and then click Delete ( ).
- Delete each print job from the print queue in the same way.
- When the print queue is empty, click Resume Printer .
- Try the print job again.
Then go ahead and power off the print as well as the computer. After everything of completely shut down unplug the printer from the computer (the USB cable, if wireless the ingore this step). Then turn the Mac back on and allow it to full start up. Then go ahead and connect the printer back to the computer. Try reprinting your document again.
Best of luck!