Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

how to scan a document via wifi on mac osx? i've this error:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Make sure to add the pritner as Bonjour according the steps below

1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Scan .
  3. Click the plus sign. The name of your product displays.
  4. Select your HP product listed as a Bonjour type, and then click Add .
  5. Click Install , and then click Agree on the software license agreement window to install the software and add the product to the queue.
  6. After the installation process completes, verify that your product displays in the queue.

Configuring an IP Print Queue will allow you to print only, You have to select the Bonjour device as listed above.

If the device does not appear as Bonjour type, please clarify your router model.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Make sure to add the pritner as Bonjour according the steps below

1. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Scan .
  3. Click the plus sign. The name of your product displays.
  4. Select your HP product listed as a Bonjour type, and then click Add .
  5. Click Install , and then click Agree on the software license agreement window to install the software and add the product to the queue.
  6. After the installation process completes, verify that your product displays in the queue.

Configuring an IP Print Queue will allow you to print only, You have to select the Bonjour device as listed above.

If the device does not appear as Bonjour type, please clarify your router model.

HP Recommended
Do you also have an idea how i can make my 5510 can print from iPhone 4? (iOS5 through airprint) ?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Where you able to locate the device as Bonjour?

The device should appear by selecteing Print from the menu options of your iPhone

For any issue, try following the steps below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Make sure you have the latest product update, it may affect Airprint:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02879297

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended
You're right. it wasn't my system or the Printer that was bugging. it was my Router (Linksys) that was blocking the AirPrint-signal. I've updated the firmware and now i've added the printer on my iPhone and printed an email 🙂 ...

Thanks !
HP Recommended

Hello,

how do I get my product (HP Photosmart) to appear in the list if it is not automatically listet after clicking the plus sign (step 3 below)? Even entering HP Photosmart in the search field at the top right doesn't bring any result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tissolina

HP Recommended

When I use the MP Navigator Plus on my Mac it doesn't recognize the scanner on the Photosmart 5510 printer.  When I click on the apple, system preferences, print&fax it displays the old printer I had and the new printer Photosmart 5510. When I click "scan" it scans the document and shows it like in a preview state on the left. It puts it in my documents folder but it doesn't put the whole document there just a small part of it. I am befuddled. 

HP Recommended

I'll follow your suggested links. To answer your question about Bonjour. When I installed the printer I installed it as Bonjour.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.