HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-07-2012 09:18 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you post a little more information about what your trying to do? How are you scanning in the document? Are you using a specific software? Im not quite sure I follow what you mean by your "mac documentary page."
If you can provide me with a little more information I would be able to assist you better. Be sure to include which version of OS X you are using.
03-07-2012 10:07 AM
I assume you may try scanning from the printer front panel and the scanned page appear as Grayscale only?
If I assumed incorrectly, please clarify the exact problem and the OS details as listed above.
If my assumtion is correct, please try the following steps:
*If you are using Mac OS X 10.7, install the Critical Update below, otherwise skip that part (The OS version can be checked by clicking the Apple Icon > About This Mac):
Now change the device settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Mode and set as Color.
7. Click OK and try scanning.
Please let me know of any change,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
03-16-2012 10:57 AM
I hade the same problem. This solution worked perfectly. I was also able to change the destination folder for scanned documents - which was another annoying problem I was having. Thanks.