Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Okay, so I have a new I-Mac with snow leopard, and right now my new hp photosmart all in one d110 only prints in black.  Yes I have the color cartidge installed.  Also I know the printer will print in color, because I can choose the copy function on the control panel on the printer itself and choose color copies which works fine.  Also i ran a printer test function which printed in color.  The problem is when I want to print either a document or a web page, it will only print in black.  I went through all the printer options that show up under print and fax under system preferences.  Can't figure out what I have to do to get it to print in color or in black as each situation arises

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

From where did you get the HP software for your printer?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

To be honest, I just hooked it up via USB cable and also wirelessly and went through all of the set-up steps that showed up on the computer.  And I believe it actually printed in color originally.  I'm not sure if I selected a button on the control panel on the printer or what.  Don't recall, but either way currently it just prints in black.

HP Recommended

OK, great.  Not loading HP software is a good way to go.

When you start a print job (File > Print or cmd-p) in the resulting dialog, make sure the triangle next to the printer name is pointing up.  If it is not, click it.

This will give you a lot more options.  On the lower pull-down, choose Paper Type/Quality (or similar).  On the resulting menu you should be able to choose the option you want.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

yes I did those suggestions, but I don't have the ability to select paper/quality.  I do have paper size, orientation,another box where you can view many different things; layout, paper handling, color matching,paper feed, scheduler,coverpage.  If I click on color matching I get Color sync; profile --automatic.  I could click on automatic and it would change to other; which would be many different options including another hp printer that I did have for a little while hooked up to this computer an hp 2600, also one option that simply says I-Mac.  I also have an option to click on one that says sRGB IEC61966-2.1!?

HP Recommended

Lets start with a reset of the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System. WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

If that does not work, download the HP printer drivers from Apple.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I had the exact thing happened. It printed in color for a week, then all of a sudden didn't. It will scan in color. I have done everything you have done and that Apple has instructed me too. Even reinstalled everything and it still won't. Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

Did you get a reply as to what fixes this problem??  I am having the exact same issue.  Having been trying to print in color for over 4 hrs!

HP Recommended

try clicking  on print background!  It worked for me.

HP Recommended

I am having problem with my hp photosmart printer D110 series.It is not printing in color from the computer. color cartridges are installed and copies are coming in color prints. Documents are not printing in color. Help!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.