HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-02-2012 11:20 AM
hp utility message "incompatible components" message appears for officejet 4500 in OSX 10.6. No hp utility file in Library/printers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the hp software.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-02-2012 11:49 AM
Please completely remove the installed software as following:
**Please be aware that performing the next steps will remove any installed HP Software.
1. Click on Go menu (Click the desktop, then look at the menu in the bar at the top of the page)
2. Select Applications
3. Select the Hewlett-Packard folder
4. Double-click HP Uninstaller application
5. Follow the uninstallation till prompted to select a device to uninstall
6. Press and hold Control + Alt + Cmd keys on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on Uninstall
7. approve any prompt to uninstall any HP Software.
Next, repair the disk permissions to avoid any installation issues:
1. Open the the Applications folder.
2. Go to the Utilities folder.
3. Double-click on Disk Utility.
4. Select the hard drive containing the boot volume.
5. Go to the First Aid tab and select Repair Disk Permissions.
Note: This process may take several minutes depending on the Mac and amount of permissions that need to be repaired. The Progress Log will indicate when the proccess has been completed.
Download and install the Mac OS X 10.6 Full Feature software below:
Once the installation been completed, reboot the computer.
Finally, make sure to install the latest HP Update by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update.
Please let me know of any issue,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution