Question

Student
deanwilkerson
Message 1 of 2 (791 Views)
Accepted Solution

iMac won't print correctly to Photosmart 2610xi

I'm running Snow Leopard and tried to install the original software using the CD from the printer so I could use the scan features. That didn't work, so I went and downloaded the latest software suite from the HP website for Snow Leopard. The printer responds, but stalls and then prints one line of nonsense and then keeps going and going. I have to stop the printing job to get it to quit. Other computers on my home network print to the printer fine (Windows machines).

I also tried uninstalling the software suite, deleting the printer and re-adding it. Nothing has worked. I do get an error when installing the printer on the iMac that some of the software for the printer is missing and may not work. Installing the software available from HP doesn't fix anything.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (784 Views)

Re: iMac won't print correctly to Photosmart 2610xi

The software from the CD left remnants in your system that the standard uninstaller did not remove.  Reinstall the software from the CD, then remove it with the 'scrubber' option:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Restart your Mac

Now, run a Software Update.

Next, remove and re-install the printer in System Preferences, Print & Fax.

You do not need the software now since Snow Leopard has both print & scan drivers built-in. Scan from Preview or Image Capture apps. Scanning from the front panel of the printer does not yet work.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation