04-06-2010 12:59 PM
My dad and I have the same printer. J6480 All in one Officejet. He runs a PC, I have a Mac. He showed me how to select just the black cartridge while using his PC. Everything on the Mac is so different, and I can't find how to do that! Is it possible...and how?! It keeps using up all my color ink and leaves the black cartidge full. I want to use the black cartidge when I simply print text. Save the color ink (since it's more expensive) for the other fun stuff I like to do. Help!
04-06-2010 01:56 PM
Yes, you should be able to print with the color cartridge not installed. Try it.
You should also find a black only print mode. In the Print dialog box (the window after you start a print job with File>Print or Cmd-P) you can use the presets pull-down to find a black and white print mode. If you do not see this pull-down, click the triangle next to the printer's name.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software