04-04-2014 12:42 PM
04-17-2014 09:34 AM
The password you are being prompted for is likely one that was setup through the EWS (Embedded Web Server). I suggest getting the Printers IP address from the front screen of the printer and entering it into an Internet browser on the computer to access the EWS again.
- On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup ( ).
- Touch Network .
- If necessary, touch the Down Arrow ( ) to scroll to Print Wireless Network Test.
- Touch Print Wireless Network Test. The test page prints.
- Find the printer IP address on the test page. You need this address in the following step.-These instructions are from the User Manual.Open Internet browser, enter the IP address in the address bar/URL bar. Example, 192.168.1.4In the EWS you should be able to navigate to Outgoing E-Mail Profiles. Choose your profile and select Edit. On step 3 of 5 you should see the option to enter/ change the 4 digit pin. I suspect this pin is the password you are having difficulty with. Continue through the remaining steps to complete the modifications.Please let me know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software