Question

Honor Student
maxandme
Message 1 of 4 (150 Views)

lost password

I am trying to set up  "scan to email".  I get prpmpted for password that was previosly on device.  I have no idea where to find password. Can anyone help?

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: lost password

Hi maxandme,

I would like to help you with the scan to email from your printer. Can you please first post back with your printer product number? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I look forward to hearing from you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
maxandme
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)

My printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8600 PLUS.  which by the way is a fabolus printer.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (75 Views)

Hi maxandme,

The password you are being prompted for is likely one that was setup through the EWS (Embedded Web Server). I suggest getting the Printers IP address from the front screen of the printer and entering it into an Internet browser on the computer to access the EWS again.

1. On the control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Setup ( ).
  2. Touch Network .
  3. If necessary, touch the Down Arrow ( ) to scroll to Print Wireless Network Test.
  4. Touch Print Wireless Network Test. The test page prints.
  5. Find the printer IP address on the test page. You need this address in the following step.
    -These instructions are from the User Manual.

Open Internet browser, enter the IP address in the address bar/URL bar.  Example, 192.168.1.4
    8600 EWS.JPG

In the EWS you should be able to navigate to Outgoing E-Mail Profiles. Choose your profile and select Edit. On step 3 of 5 you should see the option to enter/ change the 4 digit pin. I suspect this pin is the password you are having difficulty with. Continue through the remaining steps to complete the modifications.
    8600EWS.JPG

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation