12-21-2011 11:26 PM - last edited on 12-22-2011 08:37 AM by SedonaF
My HP printer is less than a year old. It is the Deskjet 2050. It worked fine on my old PC. In fact, even though it is a very simple printer/copier/scanner, it was one of the best I have ever had.........until I bought my iMac.
I am using Mac OSX Lion, the latest version that came downloaded on my machine.
My husband is an IT Professional. He has downloaded drivers, and tried all sorts of fixes. And, he is stumped as well. With the latest download, I did end up with more printing options, but I actually have to unplug/plug in the power cord each time I need to print something. Otherwise it won't print at all. Plus, I can't even get a grayscale print. Just a fast draft B&W, which is of a horrible quality.
Right now, the printer is sitting unplugged. It might as well be a door stop, as I've been sending everything to my husband's workstation to be printed. This is a major pain in the neck.
I HATE this printer now. And, it is on it's way to the trash if I can't get this resolved. Never will I buy another HP printer again!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software