my printer photosmart 6510 only prints black (748 Views)
Honor Student
tyke55
Message 1 of 4 (748 Views)
Accepted Solution

my printer photosmart 6510 only prints black

my photosmart 6510 only prints black & white with my i mac test prints 4 colour bars

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 2 of 4 (727 Views)

Re: my printer photosmart 6510 only prints black

It sounds like the wrong driver is installed. Try deleting and readding the printer and check which driver is being used.

Go to system preferences, then print and fax (print and scan on 10.7), then highlight the printer and go to the minus sign at the bottom to delete it. After that click the plus sign to readd it. When you highlight it in the list the bottom box should say the 6510 for print using, if it lists anything else the wrong driver is being used.

If this is the case you have a few options. Try running an apple software update, it may find an hp printer software update, install that if it does and try adding the printer again. If that still fails to resolve it, the next option would be to reset the printing system

To reset the printing system go back to that print and fax window again, and in the white box where printers are listed on the left hold down control and click. This should give you an option to reset printing system. This will remove ALL printers that you have added, so if you have others you would have to readd them too. After that itll ask for your password, put it in to confirm, once thebox is clear restart the mac, and add the printer again.
Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
tyke55
Message 3 of 4 (718 Views)

great advice first paragraph sorted the problem and my computer skills are just above switching it on

many thanks 

Top Student
silverstuff182
Message 4 of 4 (372 Views)

I WANT to print in Black only. How can I accomplish this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation