Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Lightening hit the electric line outside our house. We had to replace the modem. Now our HP Photosmart Plus b209a-m shows it is not connected. We connect wirelessly. What do I have to do to get it back up and running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to Applications > Hewlett-Packard > [your printer model] > Printer Setup and Software.  Run it to re-connect your printer to your wireless network.  You will need a USB cable temporarily.  Connect it only when the software asks.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Go to Applications > Hewlett-Packard > [your printer model] > Printer Setup and Software.  Run it to re-connect your printer to your wireless network.  You will need a USB cable temporarily.  Connect it only when the software asks.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
I have a similar problem. I changed my router and now when I do the wireless network test report, it says that the "Network Name (SSID) Found" diagnostic has failed. Please help
HP Recommended

Go to the printer's Wireless menu and Restore Defaults.  Next, re-run the software as described above.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I see this solution but, where do i find applications?  I have Windows XP and have a new router/modem.  My printer says offline

HP Recommended

This is the Mac forum.   Please repost not in the Mac forum.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.  I did what you described, but to no avail.  I bought a Linsys EA3500 router today.  Connected it...my Mac, 2 airbooks, and my Mac Book Pro all connected fine.  However, my HP Photosmart b209a-m does not connect.  From the printer's touch screen menu, I reset to factory defaults - even unplugged the printer, plugged it back in, turned the radio off and then back on again, but it still cannot detect that it is connected to the network.  However, when I print the HP Network Configuration Page, the 2nd page printed shows that it does detect my wireless network.  It states: "Number of 802.11 networks discovered: 3".  Below this it shows my two networks and my neighbors network...so it is detecting there are networks available, however, the printer is unable to connect to them for some reason...please help.

HP Recommended

You will have to re-connect the printer to your network.  If you have HP software in your Applications folder go into that folder and under the b209 folder and look for "Printer Setup & Software" and run it to re-connect your printer to the network.

If you do not have HP software for your b209 on your Mac, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Ok...so it gets strange.  I connected my printer to my Mac using the USB cable.  Printed a test page and everything seems  good to go....however...

I go the Applications folder then to the HP Device folder and run Setup Assistant.  It finds my Photosmart b209a-m printer. I select that I want to configure it, and the choice to configure for a wireless network.  It finds my network correctly, and prompts me to enter my password for the wireless network which I do.  It then starts to scan my wireless network, but fails to find my device and I get the following error message:

Device Not Connected

To configure the network settings of the selected device, please connect it temporarily via USB. The device can be disconnected from the USB once the network settings are transferred.

======================

However, as I said earlier my printer is connected to the Mac via the USB cable supplied by HP...and I can print and scan from the Mac...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...this is frustrating.

HP Recommended
More information : When the machine is first started (booted), I get the following message (remember the printer is connected via the HP supplied USB cable):

The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.

I can choose Ignore or Eject. I have tried both prior to running HP setup assistant...to no avail.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.