Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello again Qwert123 and Jayjo7,
Check this link from another post.......
http://goo.gl/o7HMV
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

I have an HP6700 Officejet.......it prints in Black and White fine, but can't get it to print in color. The color cartridges are new and an HP original set of cartridges. I can't figure out how to make it print in color. Can you help?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my new HP officejet 6700.  I have changed all the settings to print with black ink only, but my printer refuses to print because my yellow cartridge is depleted.  What now? 

HP Recommended

This printer is not capable of printing in "reserve mode"  which is when 1 or more catridges are depleted.  Even though you have selected Black ink only, the printer still requires all cartridges to have available ink in order to print. 

HP Recommended

I've really given up on this printer.  I think I've come down to poorly written drivers for this.  I was going to hold out until I figured out how to make it print in black and white with one (or more) depleted color cartridges because I KNOW it's going to happen again when I need it the most.

I broke down and bought  new cartridges and just the time for it to get 'ready' to print was about 8 minutes!  Incredible.

It then for the next few days would randomly popup dialog boxes indicating a 'Genuine' cartridge had been installed.  Obviously they spent too much time making sure we don't use replacement cartridges as opposed to functionality.

I've just purchased a new printer (no, not HP) and do you know the first thing I'm going to try?  If it doesn't work, I'm returning it.   There's also a HP Officejet 6700 Premium that's going to be on Kajiji later today.

Good luck!   It shouldn't be this long and hard getting support.

HP Recommended

My yellow ink cartridge was empty and the printer would not print even when I changed the settings to greyscale and black ink.  I tried changing all the settings and finally called HP Customer service.  Customer service told me that this printer will not print if any cartridge is empty, even if it is a color cartridge and your settings are for greyscale or black.

HP Recommended

I would recommend anyone that has this problem and is concerned enough register a complaint with HP.

HP Recommended
The link was not helpful since this printer won't print at all if any of the cartridges are empty.
HP Recommended

None of these suggestions actually work.  I have a 6600-711 and there is NO WAY TO PRINT BLACK ONLY if the color cartridges are depleted.  Grayscale/draft is my default setting. 

HP Recommended

Hi folks,  These printers require all of the cartridges to been in working order, even if you have selected black ink only or greyscale.  All of the cartridges must have ink in them for these printers to work.  It is the way the advanced electronics work in conjuction with the printing engine.  Sorry for the confusion.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.