Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It's HPs fault for not making it clear when they were selling me the produce. 

HP Recommended

How do I set up to only use black ink?

HP Recommended

comment deleted

HP Recommended

I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH 6700 PRINTER! Just spent a A LOT of money on  a new black inck cartdridge and no I can't print because I ALSO NEED COLOUR INK TO PRINT BLACK & WHITE!!!!!!??????? This is atrociously BAD, how dare HP expect us to buy and use colour if you don't NEED IT!??? You buy this printer because it is ABLE to print in Black and White. BLACK AND WHITE IS CHEAPER!!!!!

HP Recommended
Here's a work around for only printing b&w. Print your color doc as b&w only to adobe pdf, then send the document to your printer.
HP Recommended

So Kyle, will a black cartridge go into a color slot? Can I load only black cartridges?

HP Recommended

The solution offered doesn't work for either Acrobat or MSWord...still cannot find the option to print in black. This is VERY FRUSTRATING, as I don't feel like buying a bunch of color cartridges just so I can print a simple b/w word file! HELP!!!!

HP Recommended

The download link in this post doesn't work. I went to HP and found a driver...hoped it would then work, but I still can't print a simple word doc using black ink. The machine says I will not be able to print until I replace the yellow cartridge. GRRRRR!

HP Recommended

And you will continue to be, especailly when you only print blanck and whie and it uses up you Yellow Cart.

I HATE THIS PRINTER

HP Recommended

It uses yellow when printing black only, I HATE this printer, its a SCAM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.