Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What do I have to do to get my Mac Book OS X 10.6.8 to print from macbook to deskjet F4580 printer using wifi ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer currently connected to your wireless network?

In order to connect the printer to your wireless network, temporary plug the USB cable.

Enter Applications > Hewlett-Packard > Device Utilities and follow the HP Setup Assistsnt. you will see an option to configure the wireless connection.

If you cannot locate the Hewlett-Packard folder, you may download the Full Feature Software below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL29757/al-73899-2/DJ_AIO_06_F4500_USW_Full_Mac_WW_105.dmg

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the printer currently connected to your wireless network?

In order to connect the printer to your wireless network, temporary plug the USB cable.

Enter Applications > Hewlett-Packard > Device Utilities and follow the HP Setup Assistsnt. you will see an option to configure the wireless connection.

If you cannot locate the Hewlett-Packard folder, you may download the Full Feature Software below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL29757/al-73899-2/DJ_AIO_06_F4500_USW_Full_Mac_WW_105.dmg

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks Just right, I did all this before but for some reason the printer kept saying "Offline"

Kudos, good help thank you!

HP Recommended

Hey ShlomiL - Thanks for helping.

Unfortunately, the installer in the  link keeps crashing for me.

I am also on Mac OSX Mavericks (10.9), making the software you refer to, outdated.

I am having a problem understanding how to install my HP4580 to my wireless network.

I am connecting via the USB cable to my macbook Pro, which again is connecting to my wifi.

Can you help me? 

HP Recommended

Hi BenBlue,

I understand that you are looking for Mavericks software and driver information to install your HP 4580 on your computer. Follow the steps in this document for OS X v10.9 Mavericks: Installing and Using the Printer on a Mac.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Advance 23, I can't follow your advice in your link: OS X v10.9 Mavericks: Installing and Using the Printer on a Mac, as there here is no way to "Make sure that the printer is connected to the wired or wireless network", and the software that the "solution" to this thread recommends that I download (which I had already but wouldn't work) will not open as "HP Installer" Can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".

Please advise how I can fix this. I have a photosmart c4580.

Yours sincerely,

tedimsdale

HP Recommended

The download link stops at 43mb???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.