02-28-2012 05:45 PM
Hello and Thank you in advance for your insights.
Wireless communication from my printer is establised. I have printed documents, and photos, onto regular paper.
I can scan a photo and it will print onto 4x6 photo paper.
I wish to print from the computer, as I do not have a memory card, or a hard copy of all photos. There is 4x6 photo paper in the small tray.
The HP 6510e will not print.
It tells me that the main tray is out of paper.
The PDF manual downloaded fron the HP website instructs as follows:
"Learn how to print photos saved on your computer. Learn information about print
resolution and how to enable maximum dpi resolution. Click here to go online for
The link it provides is http://tapas_online_tips_sw_print_photos
Safari 5.0.6 doesn't respond to that link.
Photos are stored on an Intel Mac G5 running 10.5.8
Again, thank you.
02-29-2012 10:18 AM
Are you trying to print from iPhoto? If so (and this also applies to other photo printing apps), you need to tell iPhoto both the paper size AND the print size (both 4x6 in this case).
If you leave the paper size as default it will print a 4x6 on a 8.5 x 11 piece of paper, which it gets from the main tray.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
02-29-2012 10:55 AM
Follow the steps below in order to print using a dedicated paper tray:
1. Verify the second tray has been installed properly. To verify this open the System Preferences and go to Print & Fax. Open the print queue of your printer. Click on Printer Setup and from the tab menu choose Driver. Verify the box next to Optional Paper Input Tray is checked.
2. From the application used to print, click the File menu and select Print.
The Print window appears.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized: Click the blue triangle next to the product model (Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6) or the Show Details button ( Mac OS X v10.7 Lion) to see all available settings.
3. To select the Input Tray, click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.
4. Select Paper Type/Quality from the drop-down menu.
5. Set the Source option as the desired Input Tray.
You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset...
Additionally, it is important to set the exact paper size as mentioned above ofcourse.
Hope it helps,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software