04-05-2014 11:02 AM
Cannot print #10 envelopes. HP Photosmart C4750: OSX 10.9.2 O.S.
message says "out of paper" even thoough there is a stack of envelopes inserted
I would like to be able to print envelopes with this printer but I have never been successful
04-07-2014 03:21 PM
I read your post and understand you are not able to print envelopes, you get an out of paper error when you try. Does the printer print 8.5x11 paper with an error?
This HP document: 'Out of Paper' Error Message and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper will show you to resolve the error generically.
Let me know if those steps have helped.
04-08-2014 08:25 AM
That is good that the 8.5x11 out of paper error is resolved. What application are you trying to print the envelope from?
This is a very generic HP document: Loading and Printing on Envelopes from the Input Tray in Macintosh that should ensure at least we are getting the basics done.
Once you let me know what the specific application is you are trying to print from, I may be able to get more information for you.
04-08-2014 02:14 PM
I redid the process and the envelopes were successfully fed and picked up. BUT there was nothing printed on the envelopes. this si as close as I have come. . .envelopes are feeding but nothing printing, HELP!!
04-09-2014 09:29 AM
What program are you using to print the envelopes? I suggest using Address Book to print the envelopes, it is very basic and should be under Finder and then Applications.
Let me know if printing from this works.
04-09-2014 10:21 AM
04-09-2014 11:10 AM
I will do my best to show you how to use Contacts
I found some great information on adding contacts for you: Basics of Contacts in OS X Mavericks his will show you how to get people and information into the Application.
To print the envelope:
- Select the person / information
- Click file and Print from top menu
- Under style select envelope
- Under layout select the #10
- Under Orientation select correct view
You should be able to now print.
Let me know if this worked.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software