Question

Tutor
Wakemom
Message 1 of 17 (246 Views)

Cannot print #10 envelopes. HP Photosmart C4750:  OSX 10.9.2 O.S.

message says "out of paper" even thoough there is a stack of envelopes inserted

I would like to be able to print envelopes with this printer but I have never been successful

Pleae advise.

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 17 (215 Views)

Re: printing

Hello Wakemom,

I read your post and understand you are not able to print envelopes, you get an out of paper error when you try. Does the printer print 8.5x11 paper with an error?

This HP document: 'Out of Paper' Error Message and the Printer Does Not Pick Up or Feed Paper will show you to resolve the error generically.

Let me know if those steps have helped.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Wakemom
Message 3 of 17 (207 Views)

The out of paper problem is solved for 8.5 x11 paper but the problem continues for #10 envelopes. thnak you for your hlep--any advice on how to get the envelope feature working?

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 4 of 17 (194 Views)

That is good that the 8.5x11 out of paper error is resolved. What application are you trying to print the envelope from?

This is a very generic HP document: Loading and Printing on Envelopes from the Input Tray in Macintosh that should ensure at least we are getting the basics done.

Once you let me know what the specific application is you are trying to print from, I may be able to get more information for  you.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Wakemom
Message 5 of 17 (183 Views)

I redid the process and the envelopes were successfully fed and picked up. BUT there was nothing printed on the envelopes.  this si as close as I have come. . .envelopes are feeding but nothing printing, HELP!!

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 6 of 17 (172 Views)

What program are you using to print the envelopes? I suggest using Address Book to print the envelopes, it is very basic and should be under Finder and then Applications.

Let me know if printing from this works.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
Wakemom
Message 7 of 17 (169 Views)

thanks so much for your perseverance and  help. I have no address book in my applications file. Is it something I "buy"?

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 8 of 17 (165 Views)

My apologizes, Address Book is now called Contacts on 10.9.2.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
Wakemom
Message 9 of 17 (163 Views)

thanks again,but I have no idea how to do an envelope from Contacts-don't I needto use my Mac word program to do an envelope? thanks for sticking with me.

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 10 of 17 (158 Views)

I will do my best to show you how to use Contacts :smileyhappy:

I found some great information on adding contacts for you: Basics of Contacts in OS X Mavericks his will show you how to get people and information into the Application.

To print the envelope:

• Select the person / information
  • Click file and Print from top menu
  • Under style select envelope
  • Under layout select the #10
  • Under Orientation select correct view

You should be able to now print.

Let me know if this worked.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation