Question
printing
Replies (16)

Tutor
Wakemom
Message 11 of 17 (116 Views)

Re: printing

I followed your instructions and it almost worked but, alas, no printing.

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 12 of 17 (108 Views)

When you say no printing, do you mean the envelope feed into the printer and nothing printed on it? Follow these steps to print a status report please:

• Load 8.5x11 paper.
  • Touch the lower left corner 4 times
  • Touch the menu button in the upper right corner   next to Support until Reports Menu display and touch OK.
  • Touch the menu button in the upper right corner until Printer Status Report displays and touch OK.

Does a page print out with printer information, ink levels, etc?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Wakemom
Message 13 of 17 (104 Views)

Yes-the envelopes fed properly but there was no printing on them. I will try to repeat this but I am going a way for a few days so I will try this when I return. Thank you agin for sticking with me.!

Tutor
Wakemom
Message 14 of 17 (76 Views)

Here I am again back to the printer problem. I really need the #10 envelopes to print for a legal issue and I don't have access to a typewriter any more and a handprinted envelope will look tooo tacky. BUT, I have spent hours on this problem.

Now is the first time I have had a chance to work on this since you wrote to me on April 9. Today I tried to print from the contacts program. The paper fed 1X then kept reporting out of paper. It sounded as if it were printing but the envelopes came out blank. I put in 8.5 x11 paper and it printed correctly and in the proper position as if there had been #10 envelopes inserted but that's no help for #10 envelopes

I then went successfully through the report process that you mentioned on April 9. What do you want to know from that?

I am now beyond frustrated and still cannot successfully print on #10 envelopes.

HELP!! again please, if you can.

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 15 of 17 (65 Views)

Hello again :smileyhappy:

I only needed to know if the printed text and ink levels are present on the page. I seems we are running out of steps to take to get this printer working correctly. I have found an update for the printer driver, it address continual page feed but it may prove promising for your issue.

Critical HP Print Driver Update to address printing of an extraneous page, try installing this on the printer please. If this does not resolve the problem we can attempt a reset to the printer.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Wakemom
Message 16 of 17 (58 Views)

I installed the up date.

this time no printing and no paper (envelopes)weresuccessfully fed--out of paper mesage again.

Tutor
Wakemom
Message 17 of 17 (52 Views)

what is involved in a reset

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation