04-09-2014 01:24 PM
When you say no printing, do you mean the envelope feed into the printer and nothing printed on it? Follow these steps to print a status report please:
- Load 8.5x11 paper.
- Touch the lower left corner 4 times
- Touch the menu button in the upper right corner next to Support until Reports Menu display and touch OK.
- Touch the menu button in the upper right corner until Printer Status Report displays and touch OK.
Does a page print out with printer information, ink levels, etc?
04-09-2014 02:06 PM
Yes-the envelopes fed properly but there was no printing on them. I will try to repeat this but I am going a way for a few days so I will try this when I return. Thank you agin for sticking with me.!
04-15-2014 05:39 PM
Here I am again back to the printer problem. I really need the #10 envelopes to print for a legal issue and I don't have access to a typewriter any more and a handprinted envelope will look tooo tacky. BUT, I have spent hours on this problem.
Now is the first time I have had a chance to work on this since you wrote to me on April 9. Today I tried to print from the contacts program. The paper fed 1X then kept reporting out of paper. It sounded as if it were printing but the envelopes came out blank. I put in 8.5 x11 paper and it printed correctly and in the proper position as if there had been #10 envelopes inserted but that's no help for #10 envelopes
I then went successfully through the report process that you mentioned on April 9. What do you want to know from that?
I am now beyond frustrated and still cannot successfully print on #10 envelopes.
HELP!! again please, if you can.
04-16-2014 08:09 AM
I only needed to know if the printed text and ink levels are present on the page. I seems we are running out of steps to take to get this printer working correctly. I have found an update for the printer driver, it address continual page feed but it may prove promising for your issue.
Critical HP Print Driver Update to address printing of an extraneous page, try installing this on the printer please. If this does not resolve the problem we can attempt a reset to the printer.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software