Question

Honor Student
c1safely
Message 1 of 5 (1,482 Views)
Accepted Solution

"would you like to download and install software for “hp photosmart c4200 series”?

I get this message on my mac running Mountain Lion 10.8.1-Software update does not help. It printed fine on 10.7. I can still access the scanner. Any ideas?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 5 (1,468 Views)

Re: "would you like to download and install software for “hp photosmart c4200 series”?

Hi,

Make sure to reboot the MAc and chack for any change.

If that does not help try resetting the pritning system and then re-add the printer:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now click the Plus sign and try adding the printer again.

IF any of the steps above tdoes not resolve the problem download and install the package below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Once the installation completes, open System Preferences > Print & Scan and add the printer again.

As well also ensure the printer directly conneted to the Mac, not through any USB hub or extention and the USB is not longer than 2-3m long.

Please let me know if any further problem,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
c1safely
Message 3 of 5 (1,461 Views)

Re: "would you like to download and install software for “hp photosmart c4200 series”?

That worked, thanks.

Honor Student
vixyswillie
Message 4 of 5 (1,210 Views)

FYI - I have been getting this same message on Mountain Lion for the HP Laserjet 1022. At no time is the printer non-functional, but each time I log out of my user account and log back in, the message reappears. Software update does not help. I have tried resetting the printing system as outlined without success. I am currently downloading the driver update and will report back here with the results. Thanks for the driver download link - first time I've found this and I've been searching for a potential solution off and on since Christmas. :smileyvery-happy:

Honor Student
vixyswillie
Message 5 of 5 (1,111 Views)

Almost forgot to come back here and post my results. :smileyhappy: This solved my problem! Many thanks again for posting this link. While the download was huge, it was definitely worth it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation