Question

Honor Student
mfreckle
Message 1 of 5 (1,535 Views)

text cut off at top and bottom of page

I have an Officejet Pro 8600 e-all-in-one printer that is wirelessly connected to an iMac running the Lion OS 10.7.3

This printer cuts off any headers and footers I try to print.  I installed the HP utility, but cannot find anywhere in the settings that allows me to set the page size or margins for the print area.  I have .pdf's and word documents that I would like to print with very narrow margins, but my officejet pro 8600 will not print within 1/2" of the edge of the paper.  It says it should be able to print "borderless".  How do I get all of my text to show?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (1,520 Views)

Re: text cut off at top and bottom of page

In Word, have you gone to Format > Document > Margins and set the margins there?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
mfreckle
Message 3 of 5 (1,505 Views)

This does not happen only when I'm in Word, so just changing the margins of the document is not helpful for me. I know how to do that. What I would like to do is force the printer to print closer to the edge of the papaer. I know it is possible because I tried "borderless" printing. When I do that the printer will print all of the way to the edge of the paper, but the porportions are wrong.

Most of the time my problem is when I'm printing ,pdf's. I work in a doctor's office where my practice managment software gives me my daily patient paperwork as .pdf's. I also have paperwork for the State that I need to print off their website that I want to print completely.

Like I said, I need a way to force the printer to print closer to the edge of the paper, no matter what type of document I'm printing.
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (1,503 Views)

Have you downloaded the full feature driver from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-97865-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I do not have this printer, but there may be a universal printer in there.  I kind of doubt it, but its worth a try.

I am employed by HP
Student
smsc4him
Message 5 of 5 (1,062 Views)

I know this is kind of late coming (only a year or so..) I came across this while searching the web due to the same issue. So for you or anyone else like myself who may be out there still searching to fix this with Mac OSX This was my solution.

After trying to do a custom size paper only to be told I can't with duplex mode, I came across this.

When you click on Page Setup, one of the options is Paper Size. Select Edge-to-Edge A4 or in US Letter. Worked like a charm, printing everything up to edge. Relieved a lot of frustration for me, hope it does for you too.

Screen shot 2013-06-26 at 15.03.56.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation