unable to scan legal size documents on Photosmart 7520. (1119 Views)
Student
jimdprice
Message 1 of 4 (1,119 Views)
Accepted Solution

unable to scan legal size documents on Photosmart 7520.

I am using the top feeder to scan my documents but they get cut off. Do I need to change some settings on my computer?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (1,104 Views)

Re: unable to scan legal size documents on Photosmart 7520.

I looked in the specs and I do not see that this is supported (even though it should be).  Did you read that legal scanning was supported somewhere?

I am employed by HP
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 3 of 4 (1,087 Views)

Hi,

The document feeder do support up to legal size according its specs:

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Printers/HP-Photosmart/CZ045A?HP-Photosmart-7520...

What appplication have you used to scan?

You do need to set the original size as Legal within both HP Scan or Image Capture.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
5bikes2dogs
Message 4 of 4 (356 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can do this from the paper feeder.  I have done this.  I have a machintosh, but I am sure it is the same for a windows PC.  First place your documents into the scanning feeder.  Open you deskktop scanning tool.  On the mac this is called "HP Scan."  Hit the "scan" button. A scanner window opens up.  On the mac there is a down arrow to open more options.  You click it and one of the options is "crop to:."  You choose "legal" and then hit "continue."  Done it many times!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation