Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am on a MacPro and the printer is connected wirelessly - it worked fine yesterday, but now won't print out anything.  I have followed all of the steps on the HP website but still no joy.  The printer itself is working and has printed a test page.  I am on Mac OS X 10.7.   Can anyone help please??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

What router?   Try restarting the router.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

What router?   Try restarting the router.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
Thanks. It worked the following day anyway. It seems to be a bit 'hit & miss' whether it works from my MacPro but always seems to work from my PC. I will try restarting my router (BT Home Hub 3) next time it happens.
HP Recommended

I have a new hp ENVY 110 and my laptop A Samsung RF711 tells me it cannot communicate with the printer.This has occurred suddenly after performing fine to date. Any step-by-step suggestions to help remedy this problem would be welcome. (Yes, you'll definitely score a kudos point!)

HP Recommended

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I've tried all of the suggestions both on the HP site and forums.

The link provided to run HPHndu.exe won't open. (Using 'Unarchiver' which is my defalut, so if there is a program that I can choose that will open it, please advise.)

The printer was connected fine for weeks. I have no idea why it suddenly won't function wirelessly. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing. If I use the USB it does, and I've tried other functions on the printer which work. 

Lion is my OS, but has been since before I got the printer and it worked before.

Very frustrated about now.

Help?

HP Recommended

The NDU is for Windows only, sorry.

Did you reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Ok, I did that. It looked as if all printers were cleared, but when I went to add the Envy 110, it said it existed already and did I want to continue. I said yes, it installed, and then 2 showed up in the window. 

So I went to the HP folder, uninstalled the printer, went back and did it again. The same thing happened, only this time when I said to continue, it said there were components missing and did I want to go to apple to download the software. I said yes. I downloaded. 

As soon as I disconnected the USB cord (and it would not find the printer without being plugged in) the printer could not be found again. 

Everything on the printer seems to be on and working, but when I try to print it says 'no connected'.

Reset the router again. Checked to see that it was connected to my wireless and not someone else's.

Nothing. 

HP Recommended

Run the Wireless Setup WIzard from the front of the printer in the Wireless Menu.  It should find your network and connect to it.

Next, uninstall all HP software using the Uninstaller in the Applications > HP folder.

Download and install this: support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Finally, Let's reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

If it does not find your printer, let me know what router you are using.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Nice effort, but sorry, nothing.

Couldn't find any HP folder in my applications. I searched Finder and found a gazillion HP files, found one HP folder (that didn't contain any uninstall option) but dragged it to my cleaner app to uninstall anyway. There were still a gazillion HP files in Finder, but I continued with your instructions.

The Wizard seemed to connect fine. I reset the printers, but when I went to 'add' the printer (after downloading from the link provided) it said it this printer already existed and did I want to continue. I said yes. But it still will only recognize the printer if it's plugged in. It doesn't even find it otherwise.

My router is a Cisco. 

Thanks for your time on this. Any other ideas? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.