Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I figured the specifics of the instructions were variable, so I DID make the changes where (it seemed to the uninitiated) it seemed appropriate. And it did work...the printer IS working. Nothing ELSE is working. 

I CAN'T get to the same page as the Manual IP settings to even change everything back because I get a 504 error message, even though I am using my phone as a hotspot and can get to all other internet sits I've tried thus far. 

Just now when I opened my computer I got this message "Another device on the network is using your computer's IP address (192.168.1.236). 

Try connecting again later. If you continue to have problems, change the IP address of this computer or the IP address of the other device. Contact the network administrator if you need more information."

I can't change the IP address if I can't get back to the  page! 

I had no clue if it would be possible, but I thought I'd go back to the very beginning...unplug the router, reset, turn every thing off, reset...hoping it would see the router as 'new' and just give me my internet back! But no such luck. 

This cannot be and 'either my computer OR my internet' situation! Please tell me you can explain how to get back to my original settings and give me another option for the printer to work! I'm not the ony one in this house who uses the WiFi and my phone is only here as a hotspot when I am. Besides, I should have to use my phone! 

This gets more aggrevating my the minute, and we are talking hours of messing with this! The router worked fine for everyone in the house until these last changes, so I know the router is fine and I messed up the settings. All of our computers work with all of our other devices, across operating systems. The one constant here is this stupid printer! 

HP Recommended

One way to clear the printer up is to reset its network defaults back to factory.  This will disconnect it from your router, but maybe that is a good thing now.

On the front of the printer: Setup > Wireless > Restore Defaults (or similar).  Now turn the printer off, shut your computer down and restart the router by pulling its power cord momentarily.

Plug the router power back in, let it boot, then start the computer then the printer.

Finally, on the front of the printer: Setup > Wireless > WIreless Setup Wizard.  Connect the printer back to the network.

Do all that and let's see where we end up.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Yay! 

At this very moment in time I was able to a. access the internet b. use my printer wirelessly and c. access the page for the router set up. 

I'm touching nothing else in the hopes that it all continues to work.

Sigh. I can hope. 

HP Recommended

Really? Again?

At least now Lexmark has provided a fix so that my old printer works. Where can I send this lemon of an HP?

HP Recommended

Hi, my envy is connected to the boardband connection we have. I have downloaded the lastest driver and eprint (I have windows 7 64m). I used to work fine but now the two devices do not find each other. Background: as I said it did work fine. I bought a new envy in another location (Spain) and had it working there via wifi. When I came back to the first envy (in uk), it has never worked since. Same HP Pavillion of course. Going made - help!

HP Recommended

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
this may help others but i did the following:

installed hp printer drivers v.2.13 for os x (i have snow leopard)
enabled multicast and proxy on my cisco m10 router
deleted all printers
removed all listed in hp utility - devices (minus sign to delete)
readd printer and scanner as bonjour devices separately

tested good
HP Recommended

I need to connect my new printer to the router.  How do I do that 0 it is a Cisco

HP Recommended

From the manual:

To connect the printer

1. Press the Wireless button from the printer control panel, and then select Settings.

2. Scroll to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the wireless connection.

4. Insert the printer software CD in the computer CD-ROM drive.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended
PrintDoc post work for me, but is still got disconnect at times. I discovered a PC in the network with the Envy printer installed and set up as share printer. When that PC went to sleep it seems it hided the printer in the network. Remove the sharing and it never disconnects from the Mac or the iOS devices
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.