Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (20,010 Views)
Accepted Solution

usb dongle for wireless keyboard and mouse

Anyone know if it's possible to purchase a USB dongle for HP wireless keyboard and mouse? ..mine went missing while moving  to a new home.

Thanks.
Riko

Accepted Solution

Re: usb dongle for wireless keyboard and mouse

That missing dongle can be found at codemicro.com as part number RG-0638 and the cost is high, $39.95 freight paid. You can also purchase

a Mouse/Dongle combo for about $5.00 more. Be sure to check the part number on you mouse if you want the same combo as you had.

Good luck. Mine died but, I refuse to pay $40 bucks for a $2 dollar item that HP should have in stock. Their part number is 5188-7334 but HP

does not stock it. After about 2 years they don't even know how to find one.

View solution in context
Tutor
Message 2 of 5 (19,982 Views)

That missing dongle can be found at codemicro.com as part number RG-0638 and the cost is high, $39.95 freight paid. You can also purchase

a Mouse/Dongle combo for about $5.00 more. Be sure to check the part number on you mouse if you want the same combo as you had.

Good luck. Mine died but, I refuse to pay $40 bucks for a $2 dollar item that HP should have in stock. Their part number is 5188-7334 but HP

does not stock it. After about 2 years they don't even know how to find one.

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (19,960 Views)

Thanks for your reply. It's probably more cost effective to buy the whole keyboard, mouse set than to buy the dongle, but I lucked out this time. While on  hold with HP parts, I fiddled around and found my mine in a hidden pocket on my pc bag. Whew!
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (736 Views)

I found them from  $12 to $30 for a freaking usb. Your better off just buy another keyboard Of I imagine that is the idea.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (735 Views)

Its sad to say but your best bet is to go to Walmart and buy a new keyboard. You'll save money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation