Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure that you've read and tried the steps provided earlier on, If you have go here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html, type in your product number and look for the audio drivers for your notebook.

For @MAK12  and @gab4cha , if that didn't work as your notebooks are commecial, try the commercial forums.
Notebook - HP ProBook, ZBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE

For @JohnW99 , this could be due to the driver provided previously not being for Win 8.1. My first suggestion should find (if ones available) you one for 8.1

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I tried everything you said but it gives me an error saying "The Hardware Detected is not supported by this IDT software package.

HP Recommended

Hello. For me, the device that says it is not plugged in is my TV. When I connect the cable, the computer makes a noise as if it is recognized. The video goes through but not the audio, and the device says it is not plugged in. I have already installed the AMD driver, and that did not work.

I followed your directions. After I click 'Run as Administrator', it begins to install. I see a message that says: "Please wait while the system updates the audio hardware configuration." Then, I get a message that says: "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted." It then closes when I click OK.

When I go to the Playback Devices, my device still says "Not Plugged In".

HP has already replaced my hard drive and mother board, but it is still not sending audio to the TV. I am running Windows 8.  Any ideas are appreciated! Thank you!

HP Recommended
Your link doesn't work it says error in installing
HP Recommended
i have the same problem. i have HP pavilion g7, runs on windows 8, 64 bits.
i do not get sound even if i connect to an external speakers.
HP Recommended

Does the link help with HP Pavilion a6110n with Windows 10?

HP Recommended

I downloaded the IDT Audio installer  and when I open it, it says that HP is blocked and it won't open. Can you help me?

Thanks so much.

HP Recommended
It says the software doesn't macth the current one
HP Recommended

Alright so like my gaming pc is down so heres my alternative. A all in one PC. I watch youtube videos the hear crackling sound then some lag and stuff like  that and it freezes, i played a game called roblox. Litteraly windows xp can support roblox. and i get lag crackling sounds? it makes that wierd stutter sound. I checked control panel and it saids its not plugged n. Does this have something to do with my sound lag

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.