Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP has a lot of Windows 10 Drivers for a Probook 4540s using 64bits, but not an audio driver.   Windows Media Player does not work with the Windows 8 driver.   Not only that I can't create a recovery drive recording the system software.   One of the fixes recommended on the Microsoft Answer site is to make sure that all drivers have been updated to Windows 10.

When will HP supply an audio driver suitable for use in Windows 10 for the Probook 4540s?

GorCla

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

please uninstall all IDT drivers

Reboot

oben device Manager update the driver with windows update

last  driver

ftp://compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63916.exe

HP Probook 4540s there is currently no support for Windows 10

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

gorcla

Install first the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe

reboot

test the IDT driver

ftp://hpcomllb9.houston.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

second driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.exe

Optional graphics driver

Intel

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72379​.exe

AMD

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72377​.exe

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

go2:

I had installed every Windows 10 driver listed for the Probook 4540s.   That included 14 drivers.   I tested them before I made the posting, and they did not help.   HP does not have an audio driver listed.  

The only one of the 14 that is on your list is the Sp72377.exe.    The other three you mentioned are Sp71886.exe, Sp65631.exe and the Sp72377.exe.   Did you list drivers for an HP notebook other than the Probook 4540s?  Why do you think they would work with the Probook.exe?   

Also, I had gone to Microsoft Tech support.   They go the same result I did.   They went to HP, and they told me that HP is working on getting a Windows 10 audio driver for the Probook 4540s.

Why didn't Microsoft delay releasing Windows 10 until HP had all of the drivers available?   Why didn't HP quickly get the required drivers?    Why didn't HP tell us when the drivers would be available?   I have spent days on this problem, and that would have been avoided if HP had told us when the drivers would be available. 

GorCla

HP Recommended

please uninstall all IDT drivers

Reboot

oben device Manager update the driver with windows update

last  driver

ftp://compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63916.exe

HP Probook 4540s there is currently no support for Windows 10

HP Recommended

Go2:

Thanks very much.  I was able to get may audio and Windows Media Player working very well following your instructions.

GorCla

HP Recommended

will this work for windows 10 32 bit because as of right not i can get audio but i have to have a pair of head phones in my headphone jack or mic jack inorder for the built in speakers to work and if i want to use head phones i have to have head phones plugged into both mic and head phone jack for the audio  to go across my headphones if i unplug the head phones in my  mic jack then the audio starts playing over my built in default speakers even with the headphone in the headphone jack still pluged in

HP Recommended

young9

unistall the IDT reboot

test the Windows 8.1 driver

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.exe

setting the Headphones to default device

HP Recommended

CHANGE BIOS FOR AUDIO TO WORK

ESC- F10 BIOS SETUP- ADVANCED TAB- BUILT IN- DISABLE INTEL SMART SOUND

THEN RESTART

INSTALL AUDIO DRIVER "CONEXANT AUDIO "

INSTALL "HP DTS Sound"

HP Recommended

Keith_H1:

Thanks for your suggestion.   I followed Go2 recommendations on 10/5/2015, and they successfully corrected the problem.

GorCla

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.