Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently bought a Compaq Presario CQ40 104TU, and when i start up the pc, sometimes the speakers work fine, sound and everything comes out from it. However some other times no sounds come out, though the drivers all work fine as reported by windows.

I've tried the troubleshooting on Compaq's support page, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Headphones still work though the altec lansing speakers have no sound. 

Any help, anyone? Thanks!

Compaq Presario CQ40 104TU

Vista Home premium SP1

IDT Audio

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

try this bro..

click start>on search column type "service">choose services> then windows will ask your permission.. click continue..>

then search for audio service..> press a right-click..> choose restart> then audio service will do a restart..

promblem is solve.. hhe 🙂

for question add my ym.. airfarhan@yahoo.co.id

HP Recommended

Hey, it works like a charm!

Thanks man!

=D

HP Recommended
my presario c 700's sound speaker is not working. i am trying for somany days.pleas help me to down load the software
HP Recommended

hey!

i also have the same problem. a while ago, i jacked in an external speaker when we had our production number.

No sound came out even though the music was playing. then, a buzzing sound came out of nowhere. We found out that it was coming from my comp, from the internal speaker. I tried using headphone, but still there's no sound. I have also followed ur instruction, but still there was no sound. WHAT SHOUL I DO??? please do help me. Finals is fast approching. i still have so many presentations to make.

THANKS and GOD BLESS.

:))

HP Recommended

Hey guy you are genius, it works but after restart the machine sound does not come. Why does it take a few seconds to load the sound in "Sound and Audio Properties" in control panel. Windows XP startup sound never come. Can you figure out please. DADO1452011

HP Recommended

my computer is no here sound ,but good dected sound driver,plz............can u help me?  

HP Recommended

@Don-Dado-Ritx wrote:

Hey guy you are genius, it works but after restart the machine sound does not come. Why does it take a few seconds to load the sound in "Sound and Audio Properties" in control panel. Windows XP startup sound never come. Can you figure out please. DADO1452011

Hey man... Try this method...

fix no sound compaq laptop after restart - This method is for Compaq Laptop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.