Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook 17-G012NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have two paired bluetooth devices connected to my laptop, but audio always plays through the integrated Realtek speakers.

The device is swtiched on, my laptop confirms its it paired and I cannot see in settings where I'm going wrong.

There is no problem with the paired devices as they work brilliantly with my phone and turntable.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @RG99,

Welcome to the HP Support Forum Community!

I understand from your post that your Pavilion Notebook - 17-g012na will only play audio through the built in speakers and not Bluetooth devices you have paired.

Have these speakers worked in the past with this notebook? Have you checked that your system is up to date on all available drivers and software?

Microsoft has a basic document on connecting Bluetooth devices here and also a document to fix Bluetooth connections.

I know from personal experience that some Bluetooth speakers and other devices, even when paired, need you to click on them to connect before it will actually begin communicating with the PC.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @RG99,

Welcome to the HP Support Forum Community!

I understand from your post that your Pavilion Notebook - 17-g012na will only play audio through the built in speakers and not Bluetooth devices you have paired.

Have these speakers worked in the past with this notebook? Have you checked that your system is up to date on all available drivers and software?

Microsoft has a basic document on connecting Bluetooth devices here and also a document to fix Bluetooth connections.

I know from personal experience that some Bluetooth speakers and other devices, even when paired, need you to click on them to connect before it will actually begin communicating with the PC.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.