Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone found a reliable solution to this problem? I bought my pavilion mid August, and while I could just take it back to the store, I would rather them not replace this laptop for one that will have the exact same problem. As I can see, the trend is that it's pretty common. I'd really like it fixed so I can watch videos for my classes!

Thanks

HP Recommended

Unfortunately there has been no reliable fix yet. I'm almost certain it's a driver issue. I have been using the Windows generic driver while I wait for the next version of the Realtek/B&O driver. The sound quality with the Windows driver is inferior and it's far less versatile but at least it doesn't fade. Hopefully this issue is addressed in the next Realtek update (the previous one, from 9/2/16, as well as every older driver I have tried, has the fading issue).

HP Recommended

Correct. My laptop is still have the same problem. The sound faded during my online class with Wiziq. I believe it will be the same for other online streaming etc. 

Hope there will be permanent solution for this problem soon. HP team, please work on this problem. 

HP Recommended

To anyone still having these issues:

I had the same issue with my hp Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop, and after searching the internet, found this page here

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-intermittent-sound-problems-windows/

After running the 'Audio Troubleshooter' listed on that site, it gave me a sound test of my current audio driver, and it was

absolutely horrendous, then a sound test with a different driver and the sound was so much better! Now not only have all the issues of the audio fading in and out stopped, but the audio quality just sounds so much better! And this will also make the 'Enhancements' tab appear in 'Playback Devices' for anyone looking for that too, with the standard hp drivers this tab just does not appear.

I hope this helps anyone and everyone with the same problem! 🙂

HP Recommended

Brand new hp Pavillion Notebook 15-au043ca

When playing back any audio the sound immediately fades to nothing after a few seconds. I have tried all of the fixes from HP and from windows 10 advice online...nothing works!  Twice I've re-installed the appropriate Realtek HD audio drivers for the B&O audio. I see others have had this issue. What's up? This is my second unit as the USB ports on my first one did not work. Do I have to return this one as well? 

HP Recommended

@Andyman_Can

Have you tried the link i posted?

The issue i found was that the Realtek HD audio drivers were the cause of the audio fading. I strongly suggest you do NOT get a replacement laptop, as they will have the same audio driver issues. Use new audio drivers from Microsoft (in the link i posted) updating drivers will not resolve the issue, after this the audio problems should be fixed, and if not (make sure your audio drivers in both 'Audio Inputs and Outputs' and 'Sound Video and Game COntrollers' are NOT the Realtek ones) then the issue is likely hardware related, and you should look to either getting repairs or a replacement.

HP Recommended

Hey guys, I have the same problem on a brand new computer.

@MrMop, what's the name of the new driver you're using instead of the Realtek ones?

Hoping to get the issue solved.

/Oskar

HP Recommended

Edit : Posted twice - sorry.

HP Recommended

@oekbom

The new audio drivers that you get by following the steps and instructions in the link i posted are located in the device manager and are under the 'Audio Inputs and Outputs' section and the 'Sound, video and game controller' section. The new drivers that I have in these that replace the Realtek ones are both called 'High Definition Audio Device', which I believe are standard Microsoft drivers. Just go to the link, go down to where it says to run the 'Audio Troubleshooter', pick your operating system and follow the instructions in the troubleshooter, and after the audio test of your driver happens, pick the option to say the quality was bad (sometimes it might sound alright but it will still have the same fading issues so you do want to replace it) and it will then show you an audio test with the drivers i mentioned above. Installing these new drivers (which you will through the 'Audio Troubleshooter') should fix the problem.

Also one important thing I forgot to mention sorry is that I highly suggest after you install the new drivers to keep the 'Audio Troubleshooter', as the Realtek drivers may automaticaly re-install, and will then bring the same issues back. I would also suggest to search on google how to stop drivers automatically installing. And if any issues arrive in the future, the first thing you should check is if you have the Realtek audio drivers or not. If you do then that is likely the problem.

I hope this fixes all your audio troubles and if there's anything more you want to know just ask! 🙂

HP Recommended

I plugge in my headphones and they worked fine. I unplugged them and, I don't know how or why but, the B&O speakers on the laptop work fine....for now. I read somewhere how others had a similar experience but the gremlins came back again. Will wait and see. Thanks all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.