Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

Due to a software malfunction re Windows 10 I have had to install a new hard drive in my laptop. I didn't have a recovery disc so installed Windows 10 again from scratch.  

I notice that the only audio that I seem to have is coming from an external monitor. My laptop came with Beats Audio but the laptop does not seem to recognise this.  

I am wondering if I need to download a driver for this but I can't seem to find anything on the HP website.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Download the latest realtek sound driver that should fix and dont forget to edit your post and delete the product number and never give that out in public.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes you will have to download the driver again.  What is the full model of your laptop?  HP envy what?  I can maybe help you find the drivers if I have the full name of your laptop.

HP Recommended

@Rankam wrote:

Yes you will have to download the driver again.  What is the full model of your laptop?  HP envy what?  I can maybe help you find the drivers if I have the full name of your laptop.

Hi Rankam, 

It is an HP Envy 17 inch notebook.  The model name is HP Envy I7 J111tx. I found a driver on the website but it doesn't mention Beats Audio. 

HP Recommended
Yikes edit your post and erase the product code dont give that out
HP Recommended
Download the latest realtek sound driver that should fix and dont forget to edit your post and delete the product number and never give that out in public.
HP Recommended

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8. The hp site does not offer an option to locate the driver because it wants me to choose from windows 8 or 8.1. What can I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.