Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I was wondering where would I go to reinstall beats audio. After formatting hard drive and doing clean install my speakers are not as loud as they used to be, I have already reinstalled the IDT audio driver but has not helped. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The product no. is fine :generic:

Try the following.

First, download and install the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63408.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the IDT HD Audio software package on the link below - this should also reinstall the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

Again, when the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your Envy 17 series notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Product: F0D50AV

Serial: [Personal Information Removed]

I could not find a full model number??, only HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

Thank you for your help Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

Hi,

The product no. is fine :generic:

Try the following.

First, download and install the Chipset driver on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63408.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the IDT HD Audio software package on the link below - this should also reinstall the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

Again, when the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks a million it worked 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Will this same solution work for HP ENVY 15 - 3040nr, product #A9P60UA#ABA?  If not, what chipset and driver install would be needed?  I'm running windows 10. Laptop was configured with windows 7 when I bought it used.   I lost Beats Audio completely and although I now have sound, sound quality is nowhere near what it was with Beats Audio controls.  It seems something was removed either accidentally or in conjunction with the clean install of Windows 10 I did.  I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I think I did have 3 options in SOUND under PLAYBACK DEVICES tab, but now only show 2: 

1)  Speakers, High Definition Audio Device (sound was restored once I selected this one as default)

2)  Speakers, HP Wireless Audio Adapter

Since HP Support does not list any drivers for my model if running Windows 10, I'm a little lost on how to keep this machine optimized.  I appreciate any help I can get to restore my Beats Audio functionality.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @KhristiD,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the sound. I will be glad to help you.

No drivers for one notebook will not work on another computer.

There are no Windows 10 drivers for your computer.

Here are the Window 8 links.

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Remember to restart the  computer after each install.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

It's me again.  I  was watching NETFLIX night before last, with no issues.  The next morning, I had no sound in any application, although everyting  in troubleshooter checks out ok.  Sound Test renders no sound whatsoever.  I re-installed chipset & driver as per prior reply, but no response.  Please advise on what else I might try.  This keeps happening periodicaly and I never seem to find a consistent fix.  I am running Windows 10 and while everything else improved since installing it, a big pain in the rear problem has been intermittent audio issues - I love my Beats Audio and don't want to live without it but can't deal with no sound at all!!  Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

@KhristiD,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing sound issues with your HP computer.

This issue could occur if the audio drivers are not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer.

Now search for HP Support assistant and look for updates and update the drivers.

You may check the link on how to use HP Support Assistant: Using HP Support Assistant

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.