Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP envy 15t-j000 PC and recently lost my hard drive and had to install a new one. I wasn't able to use a recovery cd or usb so I took it to Best Buy and had then install windows ten, which I had previously  updated from window 8, and now I don't have my beats audio , the app or any of the settings for it, my computer sounds very low, I can bearly hear. Can someone please help me out? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing the IDT HD audio software package on the following link - this should also provide the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing the IDT HD audio software package on the following link - this should also provide the Beats gui.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. This solved my problem for the most part. MY volume is much improve. I now have the beats equlizer  app. There are a few things I am uncertain of:the one thing I did I was not sure I should have, was uninstall the drivers for  the windows default speakers. which is what I think i was using, also There were two drivers to be installed only one got installed2016-09-21 (2).png

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

The other entry is for the HDMI audio driver, which should be provided by the graphics software package.

Hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters - what device(s) are listed here?

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Display adapters:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try installing the Intel HD Graphics package on the following link ( first file in the list ) - this should also provide the hdmi audio driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?...

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hello

Thankyou once again DavidPK for you assistance. I've tried downloading and installing the last link you posted unfortunately I keep getting an error message. Should I delete the old Diver before I install the new?

2016-09-24.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can get around the restriction imposed by the oem graphics package by manually installing the Intel Graphics driver first as follows.

First, download the latest Intel HD4600 driver for your notebook from the link below and save it to your Downloads folder - you need the second option ( ie win64_154028.4501.zip ).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?...

When done, download and install the .64bit version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the win64_154028.4501.zip package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click the Intel 4600 device and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted Intel win64_154028.4501 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder Graphics, left click on the file igdlh64.INF to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and run the first file listed on the link below - ie win64_154028.4501.exe

When this has completed, restart the notebook again and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Done. I haven't tried to test the hdmi. But the driver was install sucessfully.  MUCH appreciation to you and the HP community.

2016-09-24 (1).png

HP Recommended

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.