Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP has offered us refunds.  But we want them to fix the issue.  I miss the old style docking stations!

I am working with a L3 engineer to see if we can find a solution.

Today, the unit that is running the video drivers locked up twice and there was an event ID pointing to a failure to initialize the
USB driver for the replicator.  Hmmmm.  More to come.

Rick

My first computer was a F-14 weapons system
HP Recommended

We have 2 HP laptops in our household and we use the older style docking stations.  In fact, when I bought the older stype docking station for my wife's laptop, I had to go through Amazon.com because HP no longer offered it.  These newer one are so cheap and flimpsy.  They are even hot to touch once they have been running awhile.  People should avoid this product.  I hope I'am able to get a refund.

HP Recommended

Would you please try this driver for your docking station issues and let us know if it helps with any of your issues.

Display Link USB Graphics Software for Windows*

http://www.displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=48

Version 6.0 M1 10Oct2011

Thank you.

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
HP Recommended

I have tested the driver with no good results.  I will be interested in finding the results of other users.

Please be sure to reply with results.  :Surprise:

Rick

My first computer was a F-14 weapons system
HP Recommended

So now HP wants its users to test their product!  Looks like the new driver didn't work and I'm not about to waste my time.  I got most of my money refunded from HP and they didn't want the Docking stations back (what does that tell you!), so I've simply trashed these devices.

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem (not sure if this message belongs here or not).

When I lose power to the HP Media Docking Station and then the power is restored, my laptop does not reconnect to the docking station.

Also, when I remove my laptop from the docking station and then close lid (to force sleep mode), the laptop freezes and I have to hold the power button to force the laptop to turn off.

HP Recommended

Has anyone heard if HP is even addressing this issue? 

I have a Pavillion dv7 which runs perfectly when not connected to the dock but freezes at least once daily since I connected it in August 2011. I have updated every driver and even disabled the DisplayLink driver (which is the current state now) to no avail.

No specific action seems to trigger the lock-up.

HP Recommended

I have been dealing with this for over a year and have heard nothing. I called HP in May 2011 and they said they are aware of the problem and engineers are working on it. I haven't heard jack since. I did recieve a letter for this problem but the contents addressed another probelm. Unbelievable!!!!!!!! Lesson through the years: Docking stations are the first to go and your {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} if you buy from HP.

HP Recommended

So far, so good!

I used the www.Sysinternals.com application “Autoruns” to locate and “disable” every driver, service or other reference to “DisplayLink” on my Windows 7, HP Pavilion dv7 laptop. I do not have an external monitor connected but I have connected and reconnected the power adapter and the dock’s USB connector multiple times. It has been two days with tons of system abuse and no freezes, no hangs or otherwise. In the past I was getting at least 1 freeze per day. Often I would get 2-5 system hangs that could only be resolved with a hard reboot.

Furthermore, and this could be totally unrelated, my system is FLYING. The responsiveness has noticeably improved and network browsing (very large image files across my wireless LAN) is like it should be.

Here’s what I “disabled” in Autoruns:

Under Task Scheduler

-          \Microsoft\Windows\MobilePC\DisplayLink TMM Control: DisplayLink TMM Control COM dll; DisplayLink Corp.; c:\windows\system32\managetmmlifetime.dll

Under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services                                          

-          Dlkmd:  DisplayLink WDDM KMD; DisplayLink Corp.; c:\windows\system32\drivers\dlkmd.sys

-          Dlkmd:  DisplayLink WDDM KMD; DisplayLink Corp.; c:\windows\system32\drivers\dlkmd.sys

-          Dlkmdldr: DisplayLink WDDM KMD Loader; DisplayLink Corp.; c:\windows\system32\drivers\dlkmdldr.sys

After a reboot, I noticed under Universal Serial Bus controller in Device Manager that the USB hubs were all reporting using the Generic Driver and that USB Display Adapter that the Adriatic Display Adapter reported “A driver (service) for this device has been disabled.  An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)”.

That all being said, this is the longest span I have run without rebooting or hanging.

Good luck.

I’d love to hear if this helped anyone else and if the disposition of my system should change, I will post an update.

-jon

HP Recommended

Forget everything I just said. My laptop just froze 3 times before I could login to post that it was locked up when I returned from a brief work break That makes 4 freezes so far today. I think my system is making up for lost time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.