Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Considering the other thread has more replies, I suggest we move our discussion there. 

Also, some events from the other thread:

A moderator has deleted one of my posts earlier in the other thread that was attempting to organize a day of mass complaints.  The modertor specified that the rules I violated were "Solicitations inviting members to join, participate in, or buy something are never relevant." and "deliberate attempts to overload a system, broadcast attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.".  I never intended to overwhelm the support system, which was why I postponed the "complaint day", but my post was clearly a solicitation.  Although I disagree with it, I will abide by it and will not discuss any "complaint days" further.  Please do not message any moderators about "complaint days" and please do not duplicate my deleted post.  I just want to keep everyone notified of the situation. 

They also mentioned "As for the thread you are posting in, I also want to let you know that we are aware of the posts regarding this issue and have brought it to the attention of our quality team to look into."

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@andrewiam_com wrote:

Considering the other thread has more replies, I suggest we move our discussion there. 

Just to be clear, these are two very separate issues.

Even if the crackling is solved, the DTS Control Panel's controls are still incorrectly displayed.

This evening I confirmed that it's not just the enabled/disabled checkbox whose state is not displayed correctly, but also the positions of the 5 faders.

HP, I am faced by this problem on a daily basis. It's very obvious and requires a fix, even if that is just ot be able to remove this blight that is called DTS Enhancements.

HP Recommended

I agree.  I can't really tell what my problem is to be honest.  I have both symptoms.  I get the static/crackling after streaming a period of time, although that doesn't always happen, and I get terrible static while playing certain songs.  I've messed around with DTS when that happens and I can mitigate the issue a bit but it's really a problem.  I've had the computer for a few months and really like it but this is getting old.  I don't want to send it in, this time of year I really need it, particularly because the issues are known and are not exclusive to my machine.  I wish they would just get going with the fixes.  I do think they are two problems and I'm unlucky enough to have both occurring.

Jay

HP Recommended

@daxliniere wrote:

@andrewiam_com wrote:

Just to be clear, these are two very separate issues.

Even if the crackling is solved, the DTS Control Panel's controls are still incorrectly displayed.

This evening I confirmed that it's not just the enabled/disabled checkbox whose state is not displayed correctly, but also the positions of the 5 faders.

Yep, DTS issue is still there. Just confirming it's definitely doing this on my machine too.

HP Recommended

Come on HP, all we ask is that the **bleep** settings stay as we left them and don't re-enable themselves at any time such as when we connect headphones.

It is a joke that such a simple and obvious bug has persisted this long. Makes me feel like Spectre x360 is EOL already. Extremely disappointing for such a new and otherwise excellent laptop range. 

HP Recommended

I finally got around to installing the Realtek Audio driver update ( 6.4.10041.130) and BIOS update (F.2D).  The clipping/crackling has been significantly reduced, but not eliminated.  The Enhancements still enable themselves on reboot and when I plug my headphones in.  I hope HP is continuing development on the driver because nether issue has been fixed. 

HP Recommended

In case people are only following this thread, please also check out my post 193 on page 20 of this thread.

I'm curious/wondering/suspect the DTS stuff could possibly be the root cause of all these issues.

HP Recommended

@andrewiam_com wrote:
@daxliniere If you want to remove the I2S driver for some reason, you have to disable automatic driver installation. http://www.microcentertech.com/tech_center/DB/read_article.php?faqid=./HowTos/HOW5006661B.htm

If I uninstall RealTek I2S, it is automatically reinstalled on restart, even when driver auto-update is disabled as you suggested,

HP Recommended
The driver can be very stubborn. I suggest disabling autonatic driver installation in Advanced System Settings, uninstalling the drivers from Device Manager, killing the services, deleting the program files, deleting the SRS labs program data, and deleting the registry keys. Then install the new driver and reboot.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.