Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am using a PC Pavilion G6 on Windows 8 and I am having troubles with playing sound. 

I use Youtube regularly to watch vidoes, and when I press play, it takes about 20 seconds for the sound to work. I thought it could possibly be Youtube, but I'm experiencing the same issue on other sites.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

I would first suggest doing a clean boot on the system. Here is a link with instructions on how to do a clean boot.

How long have you been having the issue? What web browser do you use? (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Etc.)

Have you tried just playing sound in Windows media player? Do you have the same delay with just sound playing and no video?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Graceo26,

I see that you are having a problem with the sound being delayed on your computer when playing videos. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for replying! I read the document and tried the fn + esc option. I will type what I have been shown.

Product Name:  HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Product Number: C4M18EA#ABU

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

I would first suggest doing a clean boot on the system. Here is a link with instructions on how to do a clean boot.

How long have you been having the issue? What web browser do you use? (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Etc.)

Have you tried just playing sound in Windows media player? Do you have the same delay with just sound playing and no video?

Signature

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, it's working now! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're welcome,

Glad I was able to help!!!

Signature

HP Recommended

Hi there, I have the exact same PC and the exact same problem, if I do a clean boot, will I need to back up all my files.

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed94. To answer your question, a clean boot does not require you to backup your files. A system recovery, however, does require backing up. A clean boot simply turns off unnecessary programs.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
I have the same problem. I upgrade for windows 8.1 since then no sound and delay video. I try to boot clean but didn't work out either. Any suggestions?
HP Recommended

Hello Ptn4

To be able to help you in getting your sound working correctly I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.