03-16-2017 10:36 AM
03-17-2017 02:46 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that laptop is freezing while watching Netflix. I would like to help you out with this issue today.
However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
- Which operating system is installed on the computer?
- Try to play any other online video and check if the issue persists.
- Run diagnostics on the computer to check for any hardware failures?
- Follow the steps mentioned under Testing using HP Support Assistance in the document.
Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
03-18-2017 09:21 AM
It could be overheating, and "crashing".
Google-search for "download free SPECCY".
Download, install, and run this software.
It will report:
* the temperature of the disk-drive;
* the temperature of the motherboard;
* the temperature of the CPU;
* the speed of any internal fans.
Tell us the results. Any temperature over 30 degrees Celsius is "suspect".
How old is the laptop?
Have you ever turned it off, disconnected the AC power, removed the battery, and then taken a can of compressed-air to give a "blow job" through all the vents, to try to remove all accumulated dust from the insides?