Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How can i reinstall my audio device

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please click on start and type device manager in the start search, click on device manager, Under device manager windows locate for the option which says Sound, Video and game controllers , expand this and you will find the sound drivers, please right click on it and then select uninstall and once its uninstalled please restart you computer. You should have the sound on your computer.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Chirpen, I have also lost audio (internal and external). I tryed your fix but I did not see a "sound driver" choice. I did see "speaker system"  and  did the uninstall, restarted and I still have nothing. Any advise would be helpful   Mari

HP Recommended

Could You Please Help me with the product and serial number of your computer, so that i can assist you in a better way.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

You can also try this to reinstall the Sound Driver from HP.COM

Enter your computer's product number in the search box of hp.com page and then hit enter, then click on Software & driver downloads and then select the operating system you have on this computer and hit next expand Driver - Audio and then click on the Audio Driver and then Hit Download Button and Run the File and Restart your computer, This should work.

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.