Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 8 (3,951 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Compaq nx9110 no driver sound ! help

Product Name: HP Compaq nx9110
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Hello guys. 

I cant find driver for my laptop HP Compaq nx9110 ... I use operating system : Windows XP . On the site HP with driver there is no driver for sound.  I was download Realtek but its not working. Help please. 

Accepted Solution

Re: HP Compaq nx9110 no driver sound ! help

Hi:

The screenshots you have provided indicate the proper audio driver is installed.

I can't read Polish, so I don't know what the settings mean.

You may want to try changing one of the settings to the other device listed.

The other driver you need for the bluetooth is this one...

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=395748&swItemId=ob_24183_1&swEnvOid=1093

If you have a set of headphones, connect those to the audio out jack and see if you have sound.

If you do, most likely there is a motherboard problem.  No power to the speakers anymore.

That happened to me on my nc8000.  The audio showed everything was normal, but there was no sound.

If I pressed hard on the palmrest near the keyboard, sometimes I could get the sound work.

After a while, even pressing on the palmrest, I could no longer get the sound to come out of the internal speakers.

The sound continuously worked fine with headphones, so I assumed there was a problem with the speaker connection to the motherboard.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 8 (3,934 Views)

Hi:

Your model has the ADI Soundmax audio chip, and you should be able to use the XP driver from the nx9100.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=395741&swItemId=ob_44349_3&swEnvOid=1093

Top Student
Message 3 of 8 (3,917 Views)

Ok I installed this driver. But still no sound. I have all drivers installed correctly. 

Where is the problem ? 

Should I install now realtek ? or something ? Because I dont understand. 

Provost
Message 4 of 8 (3,914 Views)

Is there a Multimedia Audio Controller device with a yellow ? mark next to it?

if so, that means the driver is not installed.

If not, then unfortunately, I don't know what the problem is.

If you do see a multimedia audio controller device listed, click on that device and then click on the Details tab at the top of the Multimedia Audio Controller device.

Post the top string of characters you see in the window.

Top Student
Message 5 of 8 (3,911 Views)

HELP2.jpg

HELP1.jpg

I have this . 

Highlighted
Provost
Message 6 of 8 (3,896 Views)

Hi:

The screenshots you have provided indicate the proper audio driver is installed.

I can't read Polish, so I don't know what the settings mean.

You may want to try changing one of the settings to the other device listed.

The other driver you need for the bluetooth is this one...

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=395748&swItemId=ob_24183_1&swEnvOid=1093

If you have a set of headphones, connect those to the audio out jack and see if you have sound.

If you do, most likely there is a motherboard problem.  No power to the speakers anymore.

That happened to me on my nc8000.  The audio showed everything was normal, but there was no sound.

If I pressed hard on the palmrest near the keyboard, sometimes I could get the sound work.

After a while, even pressing on the palmrest, I could no longer get the sound to come out of the internal speakers.

The sound continuously worked fine with headphones, so I assumed there was a problem with the speaker connection to the motherboard.

Top Student
Message 7 of 8 (3,893 Views)

"If I pressed hard on the palmrest near the keyboard, sometimes I could get the sound work."

WOOOW ! Its work for me Smiley Happy Now I know where the problem is . Thanks for everything so much Smiley Happy 

Greeting from Poland. 

~Adrian

Provost
Message 8 of 8 (3,888 Views)

[ Edited ]

You're very welcome, Adrian.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I believe the problem lies with the cold solder process they used on our model notebooks.

It was no good.

Greetings from the USA.

Best Regards,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation