Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just had to reformat my DV1000 due to a corrupt Windows XP installation. I downloaded the drivers from the HP website but they will not install, it just says FAILURE at the end of attempting to install them.

The p/n of my laptop is ED338AV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

All drivers for Your model are here.

First install chipset driver and reboot. here

Before installation of sound driver remember about installing MS-UAA first here

When You will do that start installing other things.

If You will still have any troubles write first which SP are You using on this XP system. SP1, SP2 or SP3?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

All drivers for Your model are here.

First install chipset driver and reboot. here

Before installation of sound driver remember about installing MS-UAA first here

When You will do that start installing other things.

If You will still have any troubles write first which SP are You using on this XP system. SP1, SP2 or SP3?

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks Daniel, it worked like a charm. Everything is back to the way it was before I had the Windows XP Pro issues.

Kudos left for you and thanks again!!

Message Edited by djdizzy28 on 07-31-2009 01:14 PM
HP Recommended
i have the same problem as the girl who wrote in this topic. i`ve installed all those drivers you listed, but still i get an error and i can`t install the last one properly .... i use SP2 .... please help me.... thank you
HP Recommended

Last one? Which is?

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here device id. This way we will know what it is. 🙂

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 09-19-2009 02:22 PM

HP Recommended

i installed chipset driver, then MS-UAA and the last one: conexant high definition audio driver (the last one gave me the error and it couldn`t be installed).

I hope this is the information you asked me for... thank you!

Mass storage controller- PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_8033&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_00\4&AD1B67F&0&4BF0

Multimedia audio controller- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&F2

Network controller- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_12F5103C&REV_05\4&AD1B67F&0&30F0
Pci modem-PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266D&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&F3
Video controller- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2792&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&11
Video controller (VGA compatible)- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2592&SUBSYS_3080103C&REV_03\3&B1BFB68&0&10

HP Recommended

i have also installed a program "everest" that discovers which audio device i have... maybe it`s useful somehow:

Device Description: Intel 82801FB ICH6 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

HP Recommended

@Monicutza_am,

Write down Your p/n number which is under Your computer and looks like this.

HP Recommended

I have same problem...

Installed fresh windows SP2 on my DV1000

Downloaded drivers from HP site

all are working accept Audio

Also installed chipset and UAA Bus driver which you recomend

STILL NO SOUND

Product HP Pavilion Dv1000

S/N: [Personal Information Removed]

P/N: EH665EA#ABB

Please help me out to solve this issue.

Thanks Casper

HP Recommended

Hi there i recently got a system recovery (wipes everything) and i installed all of the drivers and so i tested it and it, and the sound didnt work so i installed it again so i downloading it off the site and said failure at the end of the installtion. My p/n number is:PY868PA#ABG and its a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, HP Pavilion dv1000 please help me i need it for schooling and YouTube. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.