Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I was just watching a video about Hp Envy 15, I saw that it has a combo Heaphone  & Microhpone (audio in/out combo).

what if i want to connect a headphone with mic? or a speaker and a mic? Shouldnt i need 2 places to insert them?

Thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

You'll need a dual band or double banded microphone/headset.  The Envy 15 has a Headphone-out/Microphone in combo jack (compatible with 3.5mm 4-conductor jack with stereo audio and mono mic).  Do a search for "3.5mm headset with microphone."

Left is a common connector / right is a dual band connector
c01633265.gif

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hey Wes,

I called HP support and they didn't have a clue about this.  I'm hoping you might.

There's an HP Envy model with two audio outputs (one of which is mic inclusive).  Are these two separate outputs?  Dual output audio interface?  Ie play something different on each simultaneously...

I'm a DJ, and usually we use dual outputs USB boxes for this (output to crowd on 1, monitor nxt track on 2).  I flipped my lid when I saw two ports.  But it seems too good to be true.  Ie, I bet it's just a splitter, who knows for what.

Looking forward to clarity.

Regards,

.:pl

HP Recommended

hi wes, can u please provide me a with a link that sells such headphone, it tried searchng with the key words given by u but nthng cme up

HP Recommended

I have an HP 15-E043CL Laptop with the single audio/mic jack. I downloaded an audio file that plays 'Left' Then 'Right' speaker because I thought the headphone jack was mixing the signals. I can hear the left, then right clearly with the built in speakers. I plugged in a set of earbuds and both the left and right come out of both earbuds. - Now, just to be sure, I moved that audio file to an iPod and used the same ear buds, clearly there was left, then right coming out correctly from each earbud. I then bought a set of Apple earbuds for the iPhone that has the speaker connections as well as a microphone connection. Same result - there does not appear to be stereo separation using the built in jack. Is there some setting that needs to be changed? OR - is this a hardware problem - Using windows 8, no other known problems with the laptop.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Phil327:

Thank you for your inquiry.

I understand your are having some audio difficulties.

I am sending you a link to "Sound & Microphone" click here.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have an HP 15-E043CL Laptop with the single audio/mic jack. I followed the instructions and checked the settings I could see, I went to the device manager and tried to update the sound drivers, they are the most current for Windows 8.  The built in speakers give true left and right stereo, Plugging in headphones, there is no left and right stereo. I get sound, but both channels come out from both speakers. I have tried different headsets all with the same result. I have tried iPhone earbuds - with the built in mic as well as 'regular' earbuds

HP Recommended

Hi Phil327:

Thank you for your reply.

I regret that did not help.

I would suggest you try running the MS FIXIT tool.  click here.

It will help to diagnose and fix Windows playback problems

Please let me know the result

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Windows 8 does not run MS FIXIT -

HP Recommended

Hi Phil327.

Thank you for your reply.

Try running the HP support assistant  click here.

You could also run the built in troubleshooting tool.

I as sending you a link to "No Sound from Speakers" click here.

Although that is not your issue Step 1 guides you in running the troubleshooter.

You Tube is a 3rd party site but you may wish to check out some videos on it  click here.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.