Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G60-530US Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

No sound on HP G60-530US Notebook PC runing Win 8.1 Pro (64 bit) and IE 11.

HP site

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-G60-Notebook-PC-series/3999411/model/4041413

only offer O/S version Win 7 and Win 10.  Selection - before and after Win 8.1.      ???-smh

Device manager info:

Speakers (Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio)

Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 8/22/2013
Driver Version: 6.3.9600.16384
Digital Signer: Microsoft

Sound, Video and game controllers:
 Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio
   Driver Provider: Conexant
   Driver Date: 3/2/2010
   Driver Version: 4.98.60.50
   Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

High Definition Audio Device

Driver Provider: Microsoft
   Driver Date: 8/22/2013
   Driver Version: 6.3.9600.16384
   Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows 

Device manager states the latest driver is installed.

Also did not have succsss with Trouble Shooter or

Microsoft site

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab...

Looking for solution.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works...

Download and run this driver and reboot.

This package provides the Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio Driver for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

File name: sp47803.exe

Then go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, Video and game controllers device category.

Then click on the Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio device.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have disk, and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp47803\W7-64\WAPebwa, and select the plain Conexant HD Audio device from the list, and see if the driver installs.

Reboot, and see if the sound works.

HP Recommended

!st some background.

The exe file downloaded to the Downloaded folder, tried to update from there with no success.

Set up folder  C:\SWSetup\sp47803 and move exe to it and tried not having disk (after trying following).

When selecting Disk display is looking for an .ini file type.

Just dawned on me - try executing SP47083 manually.
Aha got a bunch of stuff and an install. Have to reboot to see if it worked.

HP Recommended

Followed your instructions but no sound. WMP shows progress bar moving and sound is set to max.

What is confusing is the system stated it updated the driver but the date version are the same as before.

Driver Date: 3/2/2010
   Driver Version: 4.98.60.50

Then again when I tried to update the driver before I got message I had latest.

Thanks for trying.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you.

HP Recommended

this solution worked for my HP G60-530CA:

"A problem with Conexant audio means that you may hear no sound in Windows 10 even though everything appears to be working correctly. While this is being investigated, Microsoft suggests runningmsconfig.exe and heading to the Boot tab. Click the Advanced options button, check the Maximum memory box and set the value to 3072."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.