06-13-2014 08:50 PM
I bougt my computer 3-4 months ago and have been having sound/recording issues after the first month.
1. To the best of my knowledge the internal mic has never work and I haven't been able to record/stream sound from it
2. The external mute button is always acting wacky. Most days it stays on off even if you press it, and most times it seems to have no actual effect on the volume on the computer. (Ex the computer sound could be playing maxed out while the external mute button is indicating that the sound is off)
3. The speaker button at the bottom almost always has a red x by it. When you click it it'll tell you (detecting audio problems). Then pull up a screen that says "problem found audio device disabled", but going to the device manager screen and pulling up the speakers proves this false; the speakers are enabled.
4. HDMI output ends in one of 2 ways. First way is the sound comes out of the computer instead of the speakers of the monitor it's connected to, or there is no sound at all on the computer or hdmi device. I just plug it in and hope it's the first one.
5. The sound output is always very low when it is working. Probably not even half as loud as any other laptop. I've double checked volume settings everywhere and my computer is still just above a whisper.
I've gone to the support pages and downloaded the new codecs over and over and they don't help. Unless i'm doing it wrong. I've gone on here and looked at all the other hp probook sound issues and it seems to be the "buggy idt audio codecs", but I've never actually seen a concrete solution. If you see this please any input is fine, or if you could at least tell me where to find the serial # so I can see if the warranty is ok
06-16-2014 10:59 AM
Hello Snykon, welcome to the HP Forums.
I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can click here for a direct link to where you should post.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.