Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1344sa Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, After a recent update from windows 10 I am losing sound through my HDMI connection on my laptop to my Sony HDMI reciever. It still comes out of the laptop speakers, but not through the HDMI connection. In device manager it shows a yellow exclamation mark by the Intel(R) Display Audio. I am not sure if it is the IDT HD Audio or the Intel(R) Display driver that is having a problem. Will there be an update for the IDT HD Driver for my Laptop? also my SRS Premium sound has stopped. Is that also available as a download?

All I get when I look for drivers from HP is " The driver may be available from Windows 10"

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pavilion g6-1344sa Notebook

Windows 10 64bit Upgrade

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

mikedrumer

please install the Frameworks fot the driver support

control Panel > Turn Windows Feature on net. 3.5 an 4.6

reboot

Install the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe

reboot

Uninstall the Intel HD and AMD drivers

Install the new Intel HD 3000 Driver

reboot

Install the new AMD driver

reboot

Uninstall the IDT driver reboot install the new driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

mikedrumer

please install the Frameworks fot the driver support

control Panel > Turn Windows Feature on net. 3.5 an 4.6

reboot

Install the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe

reboot

Uninstall the Intel HD and AMD drivers

Install the new Intel HD 3000 Driver

reboot

Install the new AMD driver

reboot

Uninstall the IDT driver reboot install the new driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, it worked!

The reboot after every step is really important, and I tried different drivers before this one but they did not work.

Sorry for the delay in posting but my laptop keyboard decided to fail, so had to order a new one and repair it first.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.